Twenty

So this book was only planned to be a short one but we're now on chapter 20 and I have so many more ideas for this so it may be a lot longer 😂😂

Odell

"Oh, don't you look handsome" I rolled my eyes as I stepped into the kitchen and my mom smirked over at me. I shook my head as I draped my jacket over the stool.

"I'm only wearing jeans and a shirt, Mom."

"Where are you taking her?"

"I thought I'd take her to the carnival."

"That's cute. I had one of my first dates with your dad at the carnival. That was the night I fell in love with him" I rolled my eyes again as she wriggled her eyebrows. She lightly laughed at my reaction, her eyes turning to Lani as she ran into the room. "Hi Princess. You ready for some dinner?" she nodded as mom ran her fingers gently through her curls.

"Delly eat too?"

"No, Honey. Delly has a date" mom was wearing a wide smile as she glanced down at Lani. A look of shock covered her adorable face.

"With Demi?" mom's lips formed into a smirk.

"Yes, Lani" she squealed, beginning to do her happy dance. I lightly laughed at her reaction. "I'm going to get going. I don't want to be late" I grabbed my jacket and slid it on.

"Have fun."

"Bye mom. Bye Lani" I sent them a wave before I turned and headed from the kitchen. I grabbed my car keys from the bowl by the front door on my way out. I slid into the driver's seat and then headed off for Demi's house. She only lives around a 2 minute drive from my house but the carnival is at least 20 minutes away. I wasn't really that nervous until I pulled into Demi's driveway, that's when the nerves hit. I need to impress her. I knocked gently on Demi's front door and I can honestly say that my mouth dropped as it was pulled open. "Wow" she lightly giggled, her eyes glancing downwards as she blushed.

"Hi."

"You look gorgeous, Demi."

"You don't look too bad yourself."

"You ready to go?" she nodded, turning to grab her purse before she turned back to me, sliding her hand into mine. The feel of her skin against mine made my spine tingle. She locked the front door behind us before she allowed me to guide her to the car. I pulled open the door for her, smiling widely as she leant up to press a gentle peck to my cheek.

"You're too sweet" I flashed her a smile as she slid into the passenger seat. I closed the door and then walked around the car. "Where are we going then?" I started up the car and headed out of her driveway. I briefly glanced to her as she stared at me.

"It's a surprise" I lightly laughed as she rolled her eyes.

"I don't like surprises, Odell."

"Well, you're just going to have to deal" she shook her head as I flashed her a smirk. I just continued to laugh as I focused on the road. I could occasionally hear Demi singing along to the radio and the smile on my face just grew. "You have a really good voice" I glanced to her to find her cheeks were tinted pink. "You ever coincided doing something with it?" her head shook.

"No."

"You should" her shoulders shrugged and I watched as she glanced out the window, her teeth biting into her lower lip.

The silence settled around us until I pulled into the parking lot of the carnival. Demi turned to me and gasped.

"The carnival?" I laughed at the excitement that covered her face as she leant forward in her seat. "Oh my god. I haven't been here in years. The last time that I came here was with my mom when I was 11" she relaxed back against the seat and I glanced to her as I brought the car to a stop. Her eyes had welled up with tears and suddenly my heart ached.

"We-We can go somewhere..."

"No. I-I love it, thank you" her lips twitched up into a smile and she leant into me, her lips lightly brushing against mine. I reciprocated the kiss for a moment before she pulled away. "Are you going to win me a teddy?" she questioned as we climbed from the car. I lightly laughed as I took her hand in mine and intertwined our fingers, the touch made me feel warm all over. I really need to stop reacting like a girl.

"I'm sure I can try" she giggled beside me.

I paid for our entry, even though Demi objected. Her large smile remained spread across her face as we headed through the carnival, it didn't drop until we were stood in line for the Ferris wheel and I noticed that she kept glancing over her shoulder. I poked her lightly on the cheek causing her to glance back at me.

"You okay?" she plastered a smile onto her face and nodded, it didn't work to convince me though. I glanced over her and even as she tried to distract me by talking a load of nonsense, it didn't work and I noticed Nick and the rest of the popular crew stood by the food carts. "Right" I glanced away and sighed. "If you don't want to do this, Demi, just tell me. Don't lead me on" she lightly took a hold of my chin and turned me to face her.

"It's not that, it isn't what you think. I want to be here with you. I just don't want them to ruin it" she lightly played with the hair around my ears. "I like you, Odell. I wouldn't be here with you if I didn't. I don't care about what anyone thinks. I just don't want them to say something to ruin this" I leant down to peck her lips causing her lips to twitch at the corners.

"Nobody could ruin this" I cupped her chin in my hand and pressed another kiss to her lips. She giggled as she pulled away from me and then cuddled herself into my chest. I locked my arms around her as we waited to get to the front of the line.

——