Forty One

Demi

I was disappointed to find that Odell wasn't in bed when I woke. I reached out to grab my phone, smiling at the notification on my home screen.

One Year Anniversary ❤️

And what a year it has been.

I rolled onto my back, just as the door to the bedroom was pushed open and I widely smiled as Odell stepped into the room with a tray in hand and Cleo by his feet.

"Morning Baby."

"Morning" Cleo jumped up onto the bed and I lightly giggled as she began to lick at my neck. "Morning Cleo" I scratched behind her ear, glancing to Odell as Cleo moved away from me. "I thought you'd have been here when I woke up" the smile on his face widened as I pouted up at him.

"Cleo was scratching at the door and I didn't want her to wake you. I thought I'd surprise you to breakfast in bed."

"What are we having?" he lowered himself down onto the bed beside me and then slid the tray onto my lap. "I love it. Baby, these look so good" I glanced to him with a wide smile. We were having pancakes and he had made the pancakes into hearts. "You're too sweet" I leant to peck his lips causing him to smile.

"I had to make an effort. We've been together for a year, Baby."

"And what an amazing year it's been. Thank you for making this year so amazing and thank you for giving me our son or daughter" he ran his hand along my belly. "I can't wait for you to actually feel them kick. They're fluttering around so much in there" he lightly laughed as he pressed a kiss to my cheek. I ran my hand along his that lay on my belly.

"You want your anniversary present now or after breakfast?"

"Now" he laughed as he pulled away from me and pulled a little velvet box from the pocket of his jeans. My heart began to hammer in my chest, my stomach filling up with butterflies. "Odell?" he shook his head as he held the box out to me.

"It's not what you think it is" my wide eyes jumped up to meet his. "Well, I guess it is, but it isn't" my eyebrows furrowed. "Just open it" I took the box from him and flipped it open. Tears burnt at the backs of my eyes at the ring nestled inside.

"It's a promise ring" I quickly wiped at my cheek as a single teardrop rolled down it

"It's a promise ring" I quickly wiped at my cheek as a single teardrop rolled down it. "It means that I promise to one day turn that ring into an engagement ring, and then a wedding band. It means that I promise to spend forever with you" he chuckled as the tears continued to pour down my cheeks.

"You shouldn't do all this to a pregnant woman" he loudly laughed as I covered my mouth and choked on a sob. He lightly wiped away my tears with the pad of his thumb. "I won't be able to wear this though because my fingers have swelled" a light smirk formed on his face as he took the box from me and pulled the ring out. I fell a little harder for him at the chain attached to the ring. He really thought of everything. "I love you."

"I love you too, Baby" I settled my hand on his neck and leant to connect our lips.

"I don't think you realise how much I do actually love you" his eyes burnt into mine. "Like, I really love you."

"You having my baby shows how much you love me" his hand once again moved to settle on my bump. I leant in to kiss his lips, pulling away when I felt a light kick against my stomach. It wasn't until I met Odell's gaze that it was obvious he felt it too. His eyes had welled up with tears and the sight warmed my heart. "I felt that" a lump formed in my throat.

"That's the first time they've kicked hard enough for you to feel" his smile widened and I leant in to kiss him.

"Thank you."

"For what?" I pulled away with furrowed brows.

"For having my baby" I lightly giggled, relaxing back against the pillows of our bed.

"You're welcome" he laughed as I flashed him a wide smile. "Are we going to eat these before they get cold?"

-

I smiled as I leant against Odell's side as we walked through the park. We celebrated our anniversary with a romantic dinner and then decided to take a walk. Heather offered to take Cleo who went without a fuss because she loves Heather and Lani.

"I think we need to start thinking of names for baby" I glanced up briefly at Odell, my fingers playing with his.

"Okay, I'm guessing you have a list already" I nibbled lightly on my lower lip and nodded. He lightly chuckled and shook his head. "Hit me with them then" I widely smiled.

"You want my girls names or boys first?"

"Which one has less?" I rolled my eyes as he laughed.

"I'll do boys first" he nodded. "So, I like Kit, Jackson, Maverick, Malakai..."

"Okay, Baby" I lightly laughed as he stared down at me with wide eyes and a smirk. "What about your girls names?"

"Harlow, Kinsley, Aubree, Nova."

"I like Nova" we stopped and I turned to face him. His hands ran along my hips and briefly settled on my ass.

"What about yours? You have to have some suggestions too."

"For a boy, I like Sonny" I smiled at the name. "I also liked your suggestions of Jackson and Malakai."

"And what about for a girl?" I ran my fingers through his curls.

"Emilia, Willow and Hallie."

"I like Willow" he leant to peck my lips. "We have plenty of time to think over those suggestions. We just need to make sure that the name goes well with Beckham" his eyebrows raised.

"Beckham?"

"Obviously" my heart burst as I watched his eyes line with tears. "You are their daddy, Odell" his lips crashed with mine and I lightly giggled against his lips.

——

Name suggestions, you guys have any? 😜