Ch 203: I Want It

Start from the beginning

Later, Lin Ye put on his black sword again, held the Colt python in his hand, and stands in front of the mirror, when suddenly.

He felt like he was invincible.

He had a melee weapon and a long-ranged weapon. Now he has more defensive skills and is known as a doctor.

'Good, very good,'

It needs to be said that the amulets had a limit on how much they can be used. Considering how he can never learn arts; he really needs them in the near future for him to stay alive in this world.

However, he wasn't stupid enough to believe that he is strong enough. That's why he is going to train with Yato.

He thinks that she is at the upper part of the ark. She likes to train outside.

{Rhodes Island's Psychologist}

As soon as he finds Yato training outside, he greets her.

She asks about the attack at Lungmen, and then Lin Ye remembered something and quickly asks her if she can help him in training dual wielding.

"Dual wielding?", Yato frowns,

"Where did this idea come from?" Questioned Yato. Lin tells her of the effects of the Leaping Wave strike, the duration being short leading to the small window for attacks. He needs to be able to make as many attacks in just a few short seconds otherwise he will be rendered useless at the end.

Therefore, logically he thinks that with an additional sword, and the blessing of the leaping wave, his combat power will double.

Yato originally wanted to argue against Lin Ye, but she couldn't find a reason to. Because she had never seen Lin Ye's fighting style before, she could only persist for a minute,

"You do have a point." Yato nods,

"However, you are still only a beginner, just getting started with swords. It would be too hard to learn using two swords without even knowing how to use one. Leaving aside coordination, is your left hand as flexible as your right hand?"

Lin Ye shakes his head and says honestly: "No, but I think I can fix that with practice."

"It can be improved with practice...Did you ask that person for her advice?"

Even if Yato didn't say her name, Lin Ye knows the person she was referring to was Skadi

"She said that she can't give me any advice.", Lin Ye says helplessly,

"Skadi is different than me, have you seen how she fights? All she needs to do is swings that sword in a simple repeated motion and no one can stop her. She doesn't even need to use Leaping Wave, she just simply has more skill and more strength than me."

"Is that so? Have you ever thought of using a big sword like her?", Yato asks.

"A large sword like that would also be very suitable to your abilities. If and when you can use this skill and power to its fullest, it would be the end goal and ultimate weapon for you"

Lin Ye thinks for a while and states, "It seems possible, but there is a big problem."

"Huh?"

"Let's talk about the kind of sword that Skadi uses.", Lin Ye says,

"Have you ever seen a doctor carry such a large, exaggerated weapon?" Lin's words made Yato pause for a second then murmur out, "Yes, you are just a doctor, I almost forgot."

"But..." Yato says, "I think you are different than any Doctor I know. I don't quite get why you are just a doctor and not a combat doctor. You are a psychologist who fights with others all day long. You fight more than the intern operators."

Lin Ye sighs, "What can I do, this is how unlucky I am."

Yato smiles, "Is that so? However, you made me remember something. You're not a soldier; you're a doctor, so I shouldn't ask you to be a soldier. Just like what I said long ago. With your physique, it's difficult to shine even if you practice for ten or even twenty years. This you cannot change. But now, you have learned to master a powerful ability I think ...."

"What do you mean?"

"If you think Dual wielding is more suitable for you. I'll help you." Lin Ye understood the meaning and draws out his sword.

"Although I'm not that skilled in dual wielding, I should still be able to be a good sparring partner."

Yato says slowly, "Then, let's get started."

{Rhodes Island's Psychologist}

An hour later, Lin Ye is on the ground, panting heavily.

Sure enough, dual-wielding was much more difficult than he imagined.

Compared to his right hand, his left hand is almost like a clumsy child.

"Seems like you have to practice for a long, long time.", Yato says while standing beside Lin Ye.

Lin Ye smiles, "It doesn't matter anyway; time is one thing I don't lack."

"Yes, but tomorrow you will have to practice by yourself."

Lin Ye looks up at Yato and asks, "Are you going on a mission?"

"Well, it might be for more than a month. Therefore, you have to practice by yourself, but just follow the method I taught you tonight. Practice your left hand mainly," she says.

"Take a rest and go back." Yato pats Lin Ye on the shoulder. "I'm going back to prepare for the mission."

"Okay, bye then, and thanks,", Yato nods and leaves.

But Lin Ye didn't go straight back.

After a short rest, he picked up his sword again and focused on training his left hand according to what Yato taught him just now.

After practicing for about ten minutes, a joking female voice can be heard behind him.

"Hey! Hey! Hey! What the hell are you practicing? I really can't stand it."

Lin Ye is surprised and turns his head...

...and sees a woman with moonlight-like hair standing behind him jokingly laughing at him.

{Rhodes Island's Psychologist}

Draft by Jaq

Proofread by nomlons, King of Kraken and d0d0b1rd

Edit by Jaq