chapter 173: what have we learned?

Comincia dall'inizio

"all right, now that you have all had sufficient time to strategize, we will be picking lots." best jeanist reaches into two boxes, and pulls out a ball from each. "the first fight will be team one versus team three! which means teams two and four will battle right after!" he shouts, much to your teams dismay. "uh, its fine. we can still come up with a plan!" momo says, grasping at straws. "or we can wing it." you suggest. "i suppose...for now, we will stick loosly to our original plan of playing defensively. (y/n) i need you to go take out as much of their team as possible, and stall for time all you can. if you can take down izuku that would be preferred, but i know thats a big ask, even for you." she says while you are all entering the arena. "sounds good. i can give you all at least a few minutes." you confirm. aizawa starts counting down, and momo lets out a final command. "also, if any of us call for you, dont listen." she orders right as the fight begins. you overclock x70 and start running along all the different pipes immediately. 'i know i said i would be fine, but this is a team of serious hard hitters. luckily though, i can completely counter shinsos quirk.' you slide you soundproof headphones over your ears, and immediately a deafening silence overcomes the battlefield. you glance back towards your teammates and by activating the HUD you can see their vague outlines. you connect to their coms, and immediately hear them arguing about the plan. "come on now guys, cant you just agree on something?" you request, "ah, good. we were wondering when you would remember that." momo says, clearly relieved. "right, well you guys keep talking about that, i can see someone." you shut off the coms, take off the headphones, and slow down to be stealthier. "i can hear someone!" kyoka announces loudly. "who?" izuku asks while looking around for you, "(y/n) for sure. due west, hes trying to be quiet." she answers, "just like you said..." tsuyu says, "exactly. shinso, me and you are gonna go take down the others. sato, kyoka, and tsu take down (y/n)." izuku orders. before you can react, he starts dragging shinso with him towards your team. 'its fine...they got this.' you give up stealth when you see kyoka staring right at you, and start running as fast as you can in circles around them. "get ready! i can pinpoint his location, but by the time i would be able to say anything he would be gone!" kyoka warns. "its fine!" sato lunges forward and puts his arm out to either hit you, or make you run into it. taking the opportunity to punish this, you change your angle in a split second, and head for tsuyu. right before hitting her, sato appears in front of her, blocking your attack. 'he can take an x70 punch directly?!' you ask in surprise. without any sort of warning, you feel an insane hit to your chest, sending you into the air. "tsu!" sato shouts. you feel her tongue wrap around you, and slam you straight into the ground. "jesus, you two. that hurt, you now!" you say after vomiting a bit. you pull back on your headphones, and connect to the rest of your team. "be wary of sato. he hits like a fucking truck, and was able to knock me down in one punch." you say, "thanks for the warning, but we are dealing with something else at the moment!" mina answers snarkily. while listening to the heavy breathing and grunts of your teammates fighting izuku and shinso, you rise to your feet and glare at sato. "careful sato, his heartbeat just dropped. he is calm and collected now...and determined." kyoka shouts. "sacrificial burst!" you overclock your right arm to x80 and start dashing around sato, dodging his attacks and sneaking in your own when you can. this lasts for five whopping minutes, until he finally starts slowing down. "shit! im almost out of time!" he warns the girls, "on it!" tsuyu grabs kyoka in her tongue and the two start jumping away. "i will say this: your fucking powerful man." with that, you deliver the final kick to satos head, knocking him unconscious. you take the time to carefully tie him up with your unbreakable rope, before leaping straight up into the air and putting on your headphones. "situation?" you ask, "not terrible, mina is down and kaminari is spent, but me and shoji are still going strong. shinso is down, and we are at least chipping away at izuku." momo reports. "alright. sato is down, and im going after kyoka and tsuyu now." you add. you done get an official response, however you take her somewhat pained grunt as confirmation she heard.

while using overblasts to stay in the sky, you scan using thermal vision, and find kyoka and tsuyu within moments. you propel yourself towards them, and land right in front of them. "shit!" kyoka exclaims. "it was a valiant effort, but with my HUD you cant run away for long." you taunt, "run kyoka!" tsuyu launches her with her tongue, but before kyoka gets too far out of range, you fire an x100 overblast, striking her out of the sky. "so, we arent holding back anymore, are we?" tsuyu asks, "nope. after all, you all never wanted me to anyway." you dash forward and hit tsuyu with a devastating uppercut to her gut, grab her leg, and slam her down into the ground. 'now then, izuku.'  you think while slipping back on your headphones. "you guys still standing?" you ask, "yes, yaoyorozu is badly injured, but conscious. at this point, i doubt she will be any help though. im going toe to toe with midoriya right now." mezo explains, "on my way." you slip off both your headphones and hood, and start running full speed back to where you left your team. as you arrive, you see mina and kaminari lying next t o each other off to the side, clearly unconscious. momo is leaning up against a building with a bandage wrapped around her arm, bent in an unnatural direction. right in front of you, is izuku fighting thousands of shojis arms. "im here!" you lunge for izuku, and are able to land a clean blow to his face, knocking him back slightly. "how bad is he?" you ask shoji. "he looks like he can drop any second. i might have been able to pull off taking him down, even without you." he explains. "sounds good." you block a punch from izuku, and can tell that he is on his last legs. "nothing personal, izuku. but we won this time." you wrap him up in your unbreakable rope, and aizawa announces over the intercom "team 1 wins. please report back to the viewing area, medbots will collect the injured." he explains.

the other match ends fairly quickly, with katsuki completely wiping everyone except shoto. the next afternoon, heroics begins with aizawa in place of best jeanist. "now as im sure most of you know, best jeanist is not well suited for stealth or underground work, however that is my specialty. to have some bit of variety though, we brought in another hero well trained in stealth, edgeshot. as he says this, edgeshot walks into the room and in just a quick glance around you notice he has clocked both you, and everyone else in the class. "hello. i hope to be able to help today." he says calmly, "didnt he vote against you?" mina whispers in your ear. you subtly nod, and can feel her start emitting an irritated aura. "its cool mina, he was right." you whisper, trying to calm the situation. you look back up to see edgeshot staring at you blankly. "(y/n). i cannot ignore your skill, your loyalty, or the fact you have defeated the strongest villains we have ever faced, however i can not ignore your crimes either. i wish you would have finished your sentence, and shown that even heroes should be held accountable." the tension in the room is almost tangible, several people on the edge of their seats ready to jump edgeshot on a moments notice, "however i understand and respect your decision. you are a fledgling hero and had people here that counted on you. i am not here to lecture you about this, or punish you in any way. i just wanted to voice my personal opinion." he turns to the class as a whole, "the rest of you may relax again." he says before taking a step back and gesturing to aizawa, "anyway, go get on your costumes and meet at ground gamma."

you are the first to arrive, however aizawa waits for everyone to show up before starting. "first things first, who here has no intention of using stealth?" he asks. you, izuku, katsuki, tenya, sato, and tetsutetsu all raise your hands. "perfect you six will be our seekers. this will essentially be a big game of hide and seek with extra steps. the other fourteen of you will have to stay within thirty feet of each other, and are going to have to rescue a hostage somewhere in the city. if the villains see you, they will notify others and the hostage will be killed. battle is allowed, but keep in mind the villains can choose to kill the hostage whenever they want." aizawa explains. "if thats all, then why would edgeshot be here?" denki asks, "for one, the same reason i am. to teach you. the second reason, is that he will be playing an assassin after on of you. it could be a hero, villain, or even the hostage." aizawa tells everyone. "now then, villains go place the hostage and set up, you have ten minutes." with that, you all dash into the city.