32

"Should we wake them?" I heard Mikey's voice whisper, "I mean, they should probably know what's going on."

I opened my eyes to see Frank stirring beside me and my brother standing beside the bed with Lyn-Z and Jimmy. "What's happening?" I asked, removing Frank's arm from my chest and sitting up to look at them.

"We hooked up a radio to catch signals from Better Living Industries and Battery City Co. as they get sent out. Apparently, we really did start a bit of a civil war." Jimmy explained, beaming excitedly.

"Gerard, I think it might be a better idea to get out of the country now, rather than later." Lyn-Z blurted, and I could tell that she'd been holding this in for a while.

I didn't entirely disagree, but I wanted to hear why she was suggesting this. "Why?" I asked her, standing up.

"We don't know the outcome of this. What if one comes out on top and hunts us down? The best time to leave is now, while they're all distracted with killing each other." Lyn-Z was calm and reasonable. Everything she said made sense. Which meant that we had to act now.

"Jimmy, I need some fake passports, and definitely disguises, we all need to be completely new people. You got the right equipment?" He nodded, "Great, coordinate with Mikey for the disguises, he's actually pretty good at that kind of thing."

"Yes sir." Jimmy drawled, turning and walking away.

I looked over at Frank to find that he was now awake, watching silently. "Lyn-Z, the van needs a paint job and a new license plate, you wanna get Pete and do that? Get him to bring Patrick here first."

She nodded, "Thank you." Then she was gone.

I leaned over Frank and pecked his lips gently, "We're about to get out of here." I told him, "We'll go somewhere nice, I promise."

"There's no way you're sneaking a gunshot victim on to a plane." Frank whispered, his hand coming up to grasp mine. "You guys are gonna have to leave me here."

I discounted the idea immediately. I loved him, there was no way in hell that I was leaving him behind. "Gerard, listen." Frank said firmly, "You guys have a better chance of getting away without me. If I can, I'll join you once I'm health enough to fight and take care if myself. There's no way I'm letting you take care of me and yourself. I'm staying here."

"Frank, no. No fucking way am I leaving you here to die. This isn't one of those stupid movies, I love you and there's no way in hell I'm ever going to leave you. We'll turn you in to an old man in a wheelchair or something, but we won't leave you behind. Ever."

Someone cleared their throat behind me, and I turned to see Patrick on crutches.

"Okay we'll put both of you in wheelchairs."

"I understand if you have to leave me behind." Patrick said, far too calmly for my liking. His face was drawn and pale, his usual childish smile absent. He had aged years in one day, and it was my fault.

"Shut up. Both of you." I commanded, raising my index finger for silence. "No one is getting left behind. I'm opening a business that transports senior citizens." They stared.

"I'm going to be a businesswoman, you two, Lyn-Z, and Mikey are going to be seniors, and Jimmy, Pete and Ray will be nurses." I explained, helping Patrick over to the bed and leaning his crutches against the door as he sat down beside my boyfriend on the bed. "I'm gonna go help Mikey and Jimmy with the passports and disguises, alright?"

They both nodded, Frank rather uncomfortably due to the fact that he was lying down, so I left.

Jimmy was in the next room over, an intricate looking printing press on one side of him, and Mikey drawing up disguises on the other. I cleared my throat, and they both turned to look at me. "We're starting a transportation service for senior citizens as our cover." I told them, "I'm going to be the woman who owns the service, Frank, Patrick, Lyn-Z, and Mikey are going to be seniors, and Jimmy, Pete and Ray will be hired workers." I listed off, doing my best to name of the exact roles I'd come up with on the spot earlier for Frank and Patrick.

"Great, I'll get to work." Jimmy said.

"Gerard?" Mikey asked, "Can I talk to you? Privately?"

I knew exactly what he wanted to talk about. I didn't particularily want to have this conversation with him, but I nodded anyway, allowing my little brother to lead me out of the room and into the hallway.

"Are you sure this is a good idea?"

"Well yeah, we need to get out of here as soon as possible and-"

"Gerard." Mikey interrupted, "You know what I mean."

I sighed, "I need to. I can't just- I can't stop it. I need to do this."

My brother frowned sympathetically, "Just...just be careful. I remember what happened last time. When are you going to tell Frank?"

"Soon."

Mikey didn't seem convinced, "You can't lie to him, Gee. He loves you."

I looked away, ashamed to feel my eyes fill up with tears. I wasn't supposed to cry. I didn't cry. Ever. Mikey wrapped his arms around me out of nowhere, and I found myself crying on his shoulder, my body shaking as the tears flowed freely.

When I'd finally somewhat calmed down, I pulled away, mildly dismayed to see the spot my tears had left on Mikey's hoodie. "What if he's not okay with it? What if he doesn't believe me because I hid it for so long?"

"Gerard." Mikey spoke firmly, "Frank fucking loves you. He won't hate you, he won't pretend it isn't true. You know for a fact that he isn't like that. Now I'm not gonna make you tell him, but you should before he works it out on his own and is hurt because you never trusted him enough to tell him."

I ran a hand through my pale hair, squeezing my eyes shut tight. "Okay. Okay, thank you."

I was going to do it. I was going to tell Frank Iero that I was genderfluid.

~

*casually makes Gerard genderfluid because same*

Oh yea right so if you don't read my rant book, I recently came out as genderfluid holler

Anywho

My obsession with twenty|one|pilots has recently deepened

Also I haven't updated in a while but I've been busy alright

I have like a job now and stuff

Look at me, all mature

I'm literally in the ninth grade wtf dani

ALSO my birthday is this weekend (well kinda bc leapyear but it would be in between saturday and sunday) and I'm turning fifteen ✌

And Lauren and I have been together for more than six months now wooohooo

I'm actually in such a good place rn it's a really nice feeling

*flaunts Gerard Way floor tickets*

MY SISTER AND I ARE WRITING A JALEX COLLAB (what the fuck was I thinking) it's on her account alltimego and it's like super cliché but fuck you ok

She doesn't know I write smut oops

You'll rebel to anything, and remember to create and destroy as you see fit

~Dani ❤