Don't you dare!

Prepare to cry! 🥺
My fave chapter yet! 💛
Also longest chapter.
Set between RTTE and HTTYD 2.

Requests are welcome x
Hope you enjoy:)

***

"I'll race you." Astrid challenged.

"It's on." Hiccup chuckled.

Both quickly dashed forward. Toothless was a fraction ahead of Stormfly, who was catching up fast. Much to Hiccup's irritation, Astrid was starting to give him a run for his money.

The equally competitive Vikings were flying at lightning speed as they flew further and further from their home island until it disappeared from their view. They could see their dragons growing tired and agreed that it was a tie.

They were both so busy giggling, they almost failed to notice the sky darkening rather suddenly. Without any warning, rain began pouring down on them both, soaking them within minutes.

"We should get back!" Astrid shouted before they both bolted forward through the raging storm they suddenly found themselves in.

The thunder raged through the skies as the soaked Vikings dodged multiple strikes.

Hiccup's heart jumped into his throat when he heard a scream from a fair distance behind him. He spun around to see Astrid plummeting towards a large rock formation in the middle of the ocean.

Hiccup froze, unable to react for a split second before signaling Toothless to catch the falling blonde. He couldn't see far in front of him and he knew that he was too late. They would never catch her in time. All he could do now was pray to the gods that she was alive.

Toothless bulleted through the rain, tumbling as he reached the ground. Hiccup had been thrown from the Night Fury's back, but that didn't slow him down for a second.

He quickly looked around before he finally caught sight of the young blonde, lying on her back motionless in the mud that had begun to form in the rain.

"Astrid!" He shouted, rushing to her side. He dropped to his knees.

He gasped at the sight of Astrid's mangled arm. She had clearly landed on her arm and rolled onto her back.

Hiccup knew he had to get Astrid back to Berk, but he couldn't be sure of the extent of her injuries, meaning moving her could potentially worsen an already terrible situation.

She had some visible scrapes and bruises. A large gash across her left eye, blood soaking through her leggings just below her left knee, her right arm practically hanging off. It was difficult to see much through the mud she was covered in.

It didn't take long before he noticed Astrid wasn't breathing. He didn't hesitate and immediately started pressing against her chest, blowing into her mouth every few seconds.

"Come on, Astrid. Don't you dare die on me!" He cried.

"Toothless, cover!" Hiccup requested.

Toothless immediately spread his wings to protect them from the rain as Stormfly found her way to the scene. She gave a concerned squawk as she began to nuzzle at her rider.

"I know, Stormfly..." Hiccup said calmy. 'But you need to back up.'

The Nadder looked at Hiccup and then back down to her rider before taking a few steps back.

"Come on, Astrid... Please." Hiccup said losing his breath, still pressing against Astrid's chest, his fingers slowly turning blue from the cold.

Astrid suddenly took a sharp intake of breath but remained unconscious. Hiccup, let out a sigh of relief. But, they weren't out of the woods yet.