My choice part 3

Go check out HTTYDwriter24
They have some amazing HTTYD stories.
Requests are welcome x
Hope you enjoy :)

***

Astrid awoke to an empty bed. She yawned and stretched before noticing a tray on the nightstand. Bacon and egg on toast with a glass of milk. Her favorite.

"Hiccup?" She called out, wondering where he was.

"In here." He called from the studio. Once she had finished her breakfast she quickly got dressed into a pair of ripped black skinny jeans with a plaid skirt and a black T-shirt, and joined Hiccup in the other room.

She wanted to thank him for breakfast, but decided to wait as he seemed rather focused on his latest sketch. Toothless curled under his seat. She walked up to him and looked over his shoulder to see a drawing of the two of them. It was unfinished, but still incredible.

"You better not be peeking!" Hiccup stated

"You better not be peeking!" Hiccup stated. She quickly backed up.

"No, not at all." She fought back a smile. Failing miserably. Hiccup spun round and noticed Astrid's outfit. He paused for a moment.

"You're wearing a skirt? You never wear skirts."

"I fancied a change." She fibbed. The truth is, Hiccup made her feel like a girl. She was always trying so hard to be everything for everyone else, but with Hiccup, she didn't have to pretend. And he made her want to act like a girl. She didn't understand it, but she didn't fight it.

"I like it." He smiled. Astrid blushed. "I was thinking we could go to the mall and work on our costumes." He quickly added, changing the subject.

"Sounds good." Astrid agreed.

"Toothless, wanna come, Bud?" Hiccup asked. The dogs ears perked up and he raced out from under the seat and sat in front of his owner, patiently.

"I didn't think dogs were allowed in the mall?" Astrid pointed out. Hiccup pulled a red dog harness from a chest. It read 'Assistance dog'.

"He can with this." He told her, clipping the harness around Toothless.

"Assistance dog? When did he become an assistance dog?"

"About a year and a half ago when I lost my leg in a motorcycle accident." He explained.

"What?!" She gasped. He rolled up the left leg of his dark jeans to reveal a prosthetic leg underneath. He was definitely good at hiding it. She knew he had taken a few months off school but she had no idea that was the reason.

"Hiccup..." she sobbed, rushing into his arms. "I'm so sorry." He held her tightly, stroking her hair.

"It's okay, Astrid." He said calmly. She shook her head.