My choice part 2

I changed some details to fit the HTTYD theme. But this is based on a true story. This is the story of me and my friend Jack.

Requests are welcome x
Hope you enjoy :)

***

They reached a large house on Plaza avenue. A house, to Astrid, that felt a lot like home.

"Hey, Bud! Look who's back." Hiccup called as they entered the house. He turned to close the door as Astrid walked in to be jumped by a playful black Labrador, who was over the moon to see his old friend.

"Hey Toothless." She chuckled. Hiccup joined in the laughter as Toothless tackled the blonde to the ground and began licking her cheek.

"Really, Bud?" Toothless let out a warble. Hiccup offered his hand to help Astrid off the floor and handed her a cloth to wipe the dog drool from her face.

***

After a quick tour of the house, Astrid noticed that everything was exactly as she remembered. Except Hiccup's room. It was a lot cleaner than she remembered. In fact, it looked rather empty; a double bed, a nightstand either side, a dresser and a tv unit.

Hiccup headed through the door on the far side of his bedroom into a room that the Haddocks used to use for storage. Astrid was amazed to see that it was now Hiccup's art studio. The walls were painted as a mural of his favorite dragons. From his imaginary world that they used to escape to as kids.

"You can come in, you know?" Hiccup chuckled as he noticed Astrid stood at the door, gazing around the room. She stepped inside as he took an art book from his backpack and placed it on his desk.

"This is amazing, Hiccup." She said softly.

"Thanks. I've been thinking about redecorating." He told her, hiding a smile at the use of his nickname. He hated the meaning behind the name, but when Astrid said it, it wasn't so bad.

"What were you thinking?" She asked. He gestured for her to come over to his desk and he began flicking through the pages of his art book to find the design he had been working on. She soon stopped him. "Wait, what was that?" He froze as she took him back a few pages. "Is that me and Stormfly?... as a dragon?" Hiccups hand soon found its way to the back of his messy auburn hair.

She was surprised at how much detail had gone into the drawing

She was surprised at how much detail had gone into the drawing. She was stunned to see that Hiccup remembered her pet Parrot so well.

"I-Uh-well I..." He stuttered, nervously.

"Relax, Hiccup. I like it."

"Wha- you do?" He gasped. She smiled and nodded.

"Me as a shield maiden? Come on. How can I not love it? Plus I look super cute in that outfit."

"That's true." Hiccup and Astrid both blushed.

"So what kind of dragon is she?" Astrid asked knowing that Hiccup had created a whole imaginary world of dragons.

"Deadly Nadder. Tracker class."

"Deadly?! Hiccup, she bit you once!" Astrid laughed.

"Yeah, well it hurt!" He stated, which only made Astrid laugh harder.

***

They both unpacked and got to rehearsing their scene. They kept going over and over it. Soon they forgot that they had ever been apart. They had been rehearsing for two hours, and somehow it ended with Astrid fully clothed in an ice cold bath, her legs hanging over the bath in Hiccup's en-suite bathroom. She yelped as she felt the cold water against her skin. Hiccup chuckled at her. She glared at him before grabbing his shirt and pulling him in beside her. They began splashing each other but when Astrid let out a shiver, Hiccup decided it was enough. He helped her up and handed her a towel. He left for a few seconds and reappeared with one of his old hoodies, which he knew he was never gonna get back.

"Here put this on." He handed her the hoodie and her backpack before leaving the room, allowing her to change.

When she was dried and changed she exited the bathroom to see Hiccup now wearing a dark red hoodie and black joggers. While she was wearing a deep blue hoodie and a pair of shorts, that hid nicely under Hiccups oversized clothing and a pair of fluffy socks.

Hiccup noticed that she was still shivering. Her lips beginning to turn blue. Maybe the water was a little too cold. He grabbed a fur blanket from his dresser and wrapped it around her shoulders before leading her to the bed.

"You stay warm. I'll be right back." He left the room and Astrid tucked her self under the duvet, with the blanket wrapped around her shoulders. She couldn't help but smile. She had missed Hiccup. More than she realized. It was nice having someone who understood her, who always put her first. As cheesy at it was, she secretly enjoyed it when he took care of her.

Her smile grew impossibly wide when Hiccup reappeared with his arms full of snacks. He held up a DVD and Astrid almost cried. It was only Wizard of Oz. Her favorite movie ever!

"Movie night?" Hiccup chuckled already knowing the answer. She nodded calmly, though her insides where screaming. YES!!!!!

***

The movie was almost over and Astrid hadn't said a single word. Hiccup had said one word but Astrid shushed him. Hiccups gaze was locked onto Astrid, who was glued to the screen. He was waiting for the tear to drop. She always cried when Dorothy said goodbye to the scarecrow. Every time. And slowly but surely, there it was, a single tear. She quickly wiped it away, but he noticed.

He decided to wait until the movie was over before saying anything.

"Aww, you still get emotional at Wizard of Oz." He joked. She playfully elbowed him in the ribs.

"Shut up." Hiccup chuckled and turned off the tv. He looked over at the clock to see that it was getting late.

"Bed time." He got up from the bed. "I'll take the floor." He grabbed a remote on his dresser and pressed a button. When he turned out the light, the room was lit up by fairy lights, strung around the room. Astrid smiled at him. "Don't worry, I didn't forget."

Astrid was amazed. She had always been terrified of the dark. Ever since she was little. Hiccup was the only person on earth who had figured it out. Hiccup had already warmed up, after all he wasn't sat in the icy water half as long as Astrid, who's lips were still blue. He threw off his shirt and grabbed a spare blanket to curl up on the floor.

"Hiccup..." Astrid whispered. He looked at her. She rolled her eyes at him. She tapped the bed beside her. "Get over here!"

They weren't strangers to sharing a bed as they had done so many times growing up. Hiccup had only offered to take the floor since they had grown apart over the last two years. He chuckled but soon obliged. There was no use arguing with her, he would never win.

"Whatever you say, Milady." He teased, bowing dramatically. The second he was tucked under the duvet she curled up to him.

"Hiccup..." Astrid whispered. She felt his body heat as her arm draped across his abdomen.

"Yeah."

"I missed you." Hiccup almost let a tear slip, but fought it back. He leaned down and gave her a small kiss on the forehead as she began drifting off to sleep. He gently began stroking her hair.

"I missed you too." She smiled and soon fell asleep in his arms.