Power cut

Modern AU.
The riders are 17 except Astrid and Heather who are 16.
Not my best. But based on a true story. Me and My ex.

Requests are welcome x
Hope you enjoy :)

***

Astrid's father was away on a weekend business trip so her friends had all invited themselves over for a sleepover. She had been hoping to spend the weekend with Hayden. Since they were still hiding their relationship, it was hard to find time together. It was strange enough for the most popular girl in school to even be friends with the nerd, what would her friends say if they knew she was dating him.

Hayden's black labrador, Toothless, and Astrid's Beagle, Stormfly were chasing each other around the living room.

"WOOOO, SLUMBER PARTY!" The twins cheered as they entered the Hofferson house with their identical french bulldogs, Barf and Belch.

"Just don't touch anything!" Hayden ordered. Astrid's father would not appreciate anything getting broken while he was away.

"What about the floor? Can we still touch the floor?" Tuff asked.

"Yes, Tuff. You can still touch the floor." Astrid rolled her eyes at the male Thorston twin, knowing he was being serious. Well, serious for him anyway.

"Okay good, I haven't mastered the art of levitation yet. I mean, it's getting there." Tuff jumped in the air as high as he could before landing flat on his face. "I am very much hurt!"

"It's a working progress..." His sister explained.

"I see nothing has changed." A young girl stated as she stepped over the blonde male, still lying on the floor, followed by her Bull Terrier, Windshear.

"Heather!" Astrid raced to her old friend and threw her arms around her. "What are you doing here?"

"Hiccup invited me." Heather gestured to Hayden behind her. He earned the nickname from being the smallest in the group, until his recent growth spurt. He was still the nerd of the group, even more so than Justin 'Fishlegs', who arrived quietly a few moments ago with his English Bulldog, Meatlug. "You didn't seriously think you were gonna have a slumber party without me, did you?"

Astrid pulled Heather back into a hug. They hadn't seen each other since Heather's brother transferred her from Berk High to Berserker Academy six months ago. They would still text and call daily, but it wasn't the same. 

"It's okay, ladies. I'm here. The party can officially begin." Gary 'Snotlout' stated as he entered, dramatically, with his Doberman, Hookfang.

***

A few hours passed. Snotlout and the Twins had already raided the kitchen. Fishlegs was admiring the architecture of her large house. Hiccup was comforting Astrid, who was freaking out over the mess and Heather was finally descending the staircase after spending thirty minutes in the bathroom.

"Heather, are you okay? You were up there a while." Astrid asked. Heather smirked.

"I was in your room. You have a lot of things in there." She winked at the blonde, who gasped and raced up the stairs to her bedroom. Everything was where it should be. She let out a sigh of relief. The one thing about Astrid that nobody could deny, was that she was a total neat freak. Everything had its place, and if it was even an inch away from where it should be, she would notice.

"So..." Heather said softly as she entered the room behind Astrid. "You and Hiccup, huh?"

"You saw...?"

"The painting of you and Hiccup, kissing? Um... Yeah." She explained. " Why didn't you tell me?"

"We haven't told anyone yet. Plus you get way too excited."