My choice part 4

I'm currently working on part 5, so there is definitely more to come. Based on a true story.

Requests are welcome x
Hope you enjoy :)

***

"Are you deaf?! I said what are you doing with my girlfriend?!" Eret snapped.

"Ex-girlfriend!" Heather bit back, her arm draped over Astrid's shoulder. Hiccup looked over at Astrid, who had fear in her eyes. Something he hadn't seen since they were five and her uncle was in the hospital.

"What do you want, Eret?" Kari asked as if she couldn't care less.

Eret. Hiccup froze. No. He remembered hearing about Eret. Now Astrid's expression made more sense.

"Am I not allowed to talk to my girlfriend?"

"She's not you're girlfriend!!!" Heather snapped. If she was scared of anyone, it certainly wasn't him.

Eret slowly approached the Raven-haired teen. Astrid was paralyzed with fear. He was taller than she remembered.

Toothless must have sensed her fear because he jumped in front of the girls, bearing his teeth, growling.

"Toothless, back off, Bud." Astrid told him. He calmed down and turned to her, letting out a little whine. She nodded at him in reassurance. "It's okay."

Her friends all looked at her with confusion. Bud? It seemed like she was a lot more familiar with the dog than she was letting on. Of course, her friends had no idea that she and Hayden had grown up together.

Eret approached the young blonde and placed his hand on her shoulder, grasping it so tightly that she winced in pain.

She did her best to hide it, but it wasn't enough. Toothless growled once more. Eret turned his head to see the Labrador beside him.

"Lousy Mutt!" He raised his leg to kick the dog. Astrid grabbed his arm with both hands and twisted it behind his back before he had the chance. She quickly pushed him away with all her strength. He turned back to her, but Hiccup jumped in his way.

"That's close enough!"

Eret laughed down at him.

"What are you gonna do about it, punch bag?!" Hiccup rolled his eyes. So original. "She's mine. You got that?!"

Hiccup's face turned bright red, his hands balled into fists. His right hand went back and he handed Toothless' leash to Astrid. She was more confused than she had ever been, but she took it anyway.

Her 'friends' watched the scene unfold, curious as to how many limbs Hayden would have left by the time Eret was finished ripping him apart. Though no one would have excepted the plot twist that occurred.

*THUD*

Before they could blink, Eret was on the floor. Barely conscious. The other all stared in shock.

"Who knew Hayden the Helpless had that in him?" Snotlout asked rhetorically.

"THORS MIGHTY HAMMER!" Ruff and Tuff cheered.

Hiccup's hand flew behind him, he wriggled his fingers. Astrid smiled and took the hint, grasping his hand. He gripped her hand tightly and sped off, dragging her and Toothless along behind him.

***

They didn't stop until they got back to Hiccup's house. They entered to find his father back home early from his weekend business trip.

"Hiccup?!" Stoick bellowed as the teens entered. He noticed his son panting and sweating as if he had just run a marathon, though he was giggling. "What's going on?!" He furrowed his brow when he noticed the blonde clutching his hand. "Astrid?!"

She quickly let go of Hiccup's hand, blushing profusely.

"Hi, Mr. Haddock." She greeted nervously.

"Oh please. Astrid, you're practically family." He stated. She smiled. "So, how have you been, Lass?"

"You know. Teen girl in high school."

He chuckled. He knew all too well how stressful high school was. Especially for girls like Astrid.

***

After a quick catch-up with Stoick, they made their way upstairs. The moment they were alone, Astrid threw her arms around Hiccup's neck.

"Thank you." She whispered in his ear.

"Nobody messes with Astrid Hofferson!" Hiccup stated, a slight tone of anger in his voice. She pulled out of the hug and found herself lost in his eyes once again.

This time it was Astrid who leaned in. She could feel his warm breath against her lips. Their lips brushed together ever so slightly and it was enough to feel the spark. There it was again. That warmth in her chest. Like her heart was glowing. Her lips were on fire.

***
Monday at school.
***

No one dared to ask Astrid about what happened at the mall. Though the rumors were spreading fast, as they often did when Snotlout and the Twins were involved.

"Astrid, what are you wearing to the Halloween party on Friday?" Heather asked.

"I can't go."

"What are you talking about? You have to go." Kari told her.

"My dad would kill me!"

"It's just a party." Snotlout pointed out.

"Exactly. A high school party. You know my dad. He's totally paranoid."

"I bet Hayden's going." He stated. Astrid's eyes shot up.

"What does he have to do with anything?!" She asked. But he was right, Hiccup loved Halloween. Of course, he did. He's a geek. It's the one day he can dress up in some dorky outfit and get away with it.

***

Astrid had spent days trying to convince her father to let her go to the party. After two days he got so annoyed that he caved. She started planning her outfit the second he agreed. If there was one thing her mother taught her, other than how to box, it was how to put together a smashing outfit.

***