Be yourself!

I relate to this chapter a lot. Explanation at the end of the chapter.

Requests are welcome x
Hope you enjoy :)

***

Self-confidence is one of the many qualities that made Astrid Hofferson the most beautiful woman on Berk. Unfortunately, she didn't see it.

She looked in the mirror and wondered who it was looking back at her. Because it wasn't her. It was Astrid Hofferson. The fearless Valkyrie. Strongest woman on Berk.

Fierce, brave, and beautiful.

That's how most would sum up the young blonde.

It was the morning of her wedding day. Valka and Heather were helping her get ready.

"I am NOT wearing heels!" She scowled, glaring at Heather.

"Astrid..."

"I am already wearing a dress. I am not wearing those things!" She interrupted, blowing a strand of hair from her face. Heather and Valka chuckled.

"Astrid, I'm sure you can handle being a girl for one day." Heather teased, fixing her hair.

"No. Heels are uncomfortable and ugly and make it harder to run away!" She blew the strand of hair as it fell back over her face.

"Are you planning on running away?" Heather worried.

"No."

"Don't worry, Dear. I didn't like wearing heels much either." Valka explained. "I'll tell you what. I'll sneak your boots in and after the ceremony, you can change them."

Astrid sighed and nodded, she wished she had left her hair in its braid as it fell in her face again.

"Stupid hair!"

***

A few hours after the wedding, the party was still going strong.

Hiccup was getting congratulated by the other riders. He noticed Astrid sitting in her chair at the back of the hall, her head in her hands.

"Astrid? You okay, Babe?" He asked as he approached his wife. Wife. She nodded, finally looking up.

"I'm fine. I think I just need some air." She got up and started walking.

"Astrid? What's wrong?"

"Nothing." She reassured. "Just overwhelmed. I'm fine, I promise."

***

Astrid was pacing around the cove with Stormfly close by when Heather landed a few yards away.

"Hey."

"You followed me?" Astrid asked, refusing to turn to the raven-haired girl.

"The bride was missing from the party. I was worried." Heather explained. And when Astrid turned around, she realized she had every right to be. Her eyes were red and puffy, tears streaming down her face. "Astrid?" Heather raced to the blonde, wrapping her arms around her and holding her close. "Talk to me. What's wrong?"

Astrid shook her head, blowing that stupid strand of hair away again.

"Astrid... it's me." Astrid sighed. It's true. Heather was one of the three people she didn't have to lie to.

"It's just... all those people in there..." she sniffled.

"What about them?"

Astrid turned away and looked into the water beside them. She decided to hold that piece of hair back with her hand.