We're you... just older part 3 (Babysitter)

I absolutely love this chapter!!!
Hope you enjoy :)

***

Stormfly landed outside the clubhouse. Both Astrid's entered to see the twins still mirroring their counterparts, snotlout boasting to himself, young Heather cradling her future son with Fishlegs and their counterparts by her side. Both Astrid's smiled as they noticed older Hiccup fussing Toothless. Young Astrid froze, holding back tears as she watched young Hiccup chasing Zephyr around the room with the blonde boy clinging to his good leg, make it a rather difficult task.

"Mommy!" The young boy ran towards young Astrid and hugged her tightly. She threw her hands up in panic. Not quite sure what to do next. "You're back!" Young Hiccup looked at her and smiled.

"Wrong mom, kid." She explained.

"Nuffink, come here sweetie." Older Astrid lifted him into her arms.

"Pfft... sweetie?" Snotlout sniggered. "Don't tell me Astrid goes soft in the future?"

Zephyr stopped running to give him the death glare meaning Hiccup finally caught her, tickling her to the ground. Older Astrid waltzed over to Snotlout with Nuffink in her arms and used her free hand to twist young Snotlouts arm.

"Ow!" Both Snotlouts yelped. Nuffink clapped and giggled.

"Does that answer your question?" Snotlout nodded at her.

"Wait..." Young Tuffnut finally stopped what he was doing and turned to Astrid. "Did you say Nuff? He shall be and honorary Nut. Welcome to the family, kid."

"Thanks uncle Tuff." Nuffink smiled. Young Tuffnut let a tear slip.

"I'm an uncle!" The others all giggled.

Young Hiccup walked towards Astrid with his future daughter in his arms. Astrid shyly turned away, folding her arms. Older Astrid brought Nuffink over. She tossed him in the air. Young Astrid threw her arms out instinctively, catching him in her arms. Her heart was racing, as was Hiccups. Nuff cheered. He was used to his mother passing him like that, he rather enjoyed it, but he knew that they would never, ever let him fall.

"He's all yours." Older Astrid stated.

"WHAT?!"

"It's our challenge." Young Hiccup explained. "To walk a mile in each other's shoes, so to speak. Or shoe in my case." Astrid shook her head nervously. Hiccup could see the fear in her eyes.

"You can do it, Mom." Zephyr reassured.

"Aww." Everyone cried.

Astrid let out a sigh. She would have taken everyone out there and then if it weren't for the toddler in her arms.
"Fine!" Nuffink wrapped his arms around her neck.

***
A few hours later
***

Young Hiccup decided to take Zephyr to check on Astrid and Nuffink. They decided to switch the next day, giving them time to familiarize themselves with one at a time. Especially since it was all still a shock. They weren't even dating, suddenly they have kids. Of course Hiccup hadn't really let it sink in yet, he was just enjoying the moment. Astrid however was overthinking her overthinking.

The blonde's had been in Astrid's hut for a long time. Hiccup was starting to worry. He knocked on the door. No response. Okay, now he was really worried. He opened the door and walked inside with his future daughter in his arms.

"Astrid?" He said softly.

"Daddy, shh." Zephyr whispered, pointing towards the bed. "Mommy's sleeping."

Hiccup wasn't phased when she called him dad. In fact he was loving every second of it. And the best part, was when she called Astrid, Mom. He always hoped they would end up together someday, but their future appeared to be greater than he could have possibly imagined.

He looked over to see Astrid fast asleep with their son in her arms. Their son. His head tucked under her chin and her arms wrapped protectively around him as his were loosely wrapped around her neck. He noticed how unusually messy her hut was. Astrid was always a fairly neat person. But everything seemed to be out of place. He supposed that was a small price to pay for the most beautiful children. Although after a few short hours Astrid was already exhausted.
Zephyr yawned and rubbed her eyes sleepily.

"Looks like it's nap time." Hiccup giggled quietly. She nodded gently, closing her eyes and laying her head on his shoulder.

Hiccup walked over and placed his daughter on the bed beside her brother. She immediately snuggled up to him. Hiccup smiled as Astrid's arm reached out, over them both, subconsciously. Clearly, her motherly instincts were already kicking in.
He pulled the blanket over them and turned to leave. He halted as he felt a hand grasp his wrist. He turned to see Astrid looking up at him. She looked exhausted but he could still see the fire burning in her eyes.

"Don't you dare!" She whispered. Even at a whisper, her tone was frightening. Hiccup chuckled at her nervously. She looked towards the sleeping children beside her then back at Hiccup. Her anger soon turned back to fear, and this didn't go unnoticed. 'Stay..." she pleaded.
Hiccup paused for a moment. He nodded and smiled, placing a kiss on her forehead before heading to the other side of the bed, laying beside Zephyr. He remained above the blanket as he refused to remove his prosthetic in case of an emergency.

Astrid froze. He just kissed her forehead. What was that about? Was this where it all started? Was he trying to tell her something? She shook the thought as she was far too tired to overthink that right now.

Zephyr shuffled and turned to Hiccup wrapping her arms around his waist. He smiled down at her and placed a kiss on her forehead. Astrid could help but admire how adorable the gesture was. He really was great with kids. And she knew for a fact he had always wanted a daughter. A sleepy Astrid reached over and grabbed his arm, pulling it over the children and placing her arm over his. Hiccup knew that she had done it to protect the children, whether she was aware of what she was doing or not, he knew she already loved these kids deep down.

"Yes ma'am." He teased. She playfully stuck her tongue out at him, he returned the favor.

"Get used to it." Astrid yawned. Hiccup didn't need to be told twice but couldn't help his cheeky remark.

"Do I have a choice?"

"Nope." Both children stated, sleepily, causing both Hiccup and Astrid to chuckle.

Astrid and the kids soon fell asleep. Hiccup just watched them for a while before nodding off too.