Switch

Short chapter. No idea how to continue 😂

There will be a part 2. Not sure when.

Requests are welcome x
Hope you enjoy :)

***

Hiccup's POV

I woke up in my hut, though not in my bed as I usually do. No. I woke up on Toothless' stone slab instead. I found this rather strange. But what was even stranger, was the Viking sitting in my bed. Me!

How could I have been sitting in my bed when I was sitting on Toothless' slab?

I felt a sharp pain in my side. That's when I noticed my tail. Or should I say Toothless' tail. Except it was now my tail.

"Hiccup?" The other me said.

I tried to call Toothless but it came out as a warble sound.

Was this a dream? Did we really switch bodies?

***

Astrid's POV

The sun was beginning to rise. I had just settled down in the woods after my morning flight with Stormfly, to do some training. I didn't get much training in before Toothless jumped out of the bushes.

I couldn't help but wonder what Hiccup could possibly be doing up so early. Thor knows he is NOT a morning person. That's when I noticed, he was nowhere to be seen and Toothless wasn't wearing his saddle. That could only mean one thing. Something's wrong with Hiccup.

I raced back to the Edge with Stormfly and Toothless and burst into Hiccup's hut. He was sitting on his bed, his eyes open wide.

Author's POV

"Hiccup?!" Astrid called. He didn't even flinch.

She shook him by the shoulder.

"What?! Oh, it's you." Toothless sighed.

Hiccup the dragon grumbled at the human.

"Okay, okay! I'm getting to it. Geez." Toothless stated.

"Getting to what? What's going on?" Astrid panicked.

"Why don't you ask Hiccup?" Toothless gestured to his rider, or should I say, dragon.

Astrid looked between the two in confusion.

"Hiccup, how much have you had to drink?" Astrid asked.

The night fury growled and huffed.

"I'm not Hiccup!"

The dragon raced out of the hut.

"Hiccup?!" Toothless shouted before rushing up to follow, racing on all fours. Astrid tagged along close behind, hoping nobody saw how ridiculous her boyfriend was acting.

They raced into Astrid's hut. She darted towards the dark dragon, who was rummaging through a trunk beneath her bed.

"Toothless?!" She gasped as she saw him pull out a tatty stuffed toy. She had only told one person about that secret trunk, and the small teddy she now held in her hand. She turned to the human shell of her boyfriend. Toothless could see that she still didn't believe him. He sighed.

"Your middle name is Camicazi, you hate the color purple, you only salt your food on the left, never on the right, you told me that you secretly enjoy it when Hiccup takes care of you... did you want me to continue?"

"Actually, I beg you to stop!" She pleaded.

Hiccup looked at the blonde and tilted his head and warbled. She knew that he would tease her about that when this was all over.

"She tells me a lot of things..." Toothless explained to Hiccup, knowing that Hiccup had asked how he knew those things about Astrid when he didn't even know.

Astrid placed her toy back in the trunk and tucked it back beneath her bed. Before looking back up at Hiccup and Toothless.
"So, let me get this straight. You switched bodies?"

They both nodded.

"So, you're Toothless." She pointed to the human. "And you're Hiccup?" She pointed to the dragon. "But, how?!"

"No idea. We woke up and boom... I'm human."

Astrid shook her head, desperately trying to wake up from this nightmare. But alas, nothing worked.