Voice of an Angel

The lyrics I used are an original song of mine. It seemed to fit the story. Thank you Hailey for requesting this chapter! :)

Set during RTTE. Astrid and Hiccup are dating, nobody knows yet.

Astrid has power over the elements... because why not?

Requests are welcome x
Hope you enjoy :)

Please check out some of my other HTTYD fanfics x

***

Fishlegs, Astrid, and Hiccup all decided to knuckle down on training over the next few days before the others returned from their three-day recon mission. While Hiccup had been working with Fishlegs on Battle tactics, Astrid believed her time was better spent elsewhere.

Astrid had spent the past two days on the far side of the island. Training, day and night. She was determined to take control of the powers that consumed her, and was making excellent progress.

She had decided to work on one element at a time, to avoid an overload of emotions, trying to slowly remove the trigger and replace it with command. She had succeded with; Water, Air, Ice and Earth.

For the last few hours she had been working on fire. She had gained control of each element up to now, but fire was the one power she hated the most.

For the dragons it worked, however, the last time Astrid had used it, the anger almost consumed her, and for that moment, it was completely out of her control. Thor knows Astrid isn't the calmest Viking in the archipelago.

It wasn't a good feeling. It felt, wrong. Almost evil.
But she couldn't avoid it any longer.

So far, she hadn't set the whole island on fire, so that was progress. Instead she was trying to see it from a different perspective. It wasn't fire. It was light. It was heat. She was trying to create light. No, she was going to create light.

She had been focusing all her energy. No anger, no fury. Just determination. But alas, nothing seemed to work.

***

'Hey guys.' Heather said as she hopped off her Razorwhip and headed towards the training arena. Snotlout and the twins landed behind them, looking rather exhausted.

'Hey, anything?' Fishlegs asked.

'A few more guards around the perimeter.' She explained. 'Nothing we can't handle.'

'Yeah, we went all the way out there... for that.' Snotlout groaned.

'Wait...' Heather panicked. 'Where's Astrid?!'

'She's off training somewhere, hardly seen her since Tuesday night.' Hiccup explained.

'Really?' Heather asked.

'Yeah,' Fishlegs added. 'She'll come back occasionally, to eat or check in before flying off again. She's a hard worker, I'll give her that.'

Suddenly, Stormfly emerged with Astrid on her back, almost as if she knew they were talking about her. Stormfly landed a few yards away, allowing Astrid to dismount and immediately run to her friend and hug her tight.

'Haha, I missed you too.' Heather chuckled as they broke away from the hug.

Astrid took a few steps back, entering the open arena.

'Wait...' She looked at his little sister as he slowly raised his eyebrow. '...What's that on your neck?'

She froze for a split second, realizing that she had forgotten to cover up the small purple mark that Hiccup had left there. *Oops*