Gone ~ (Shikamaru)

Disclaimer so y'all don't think I'm stupid lol. I wrote this @ 2:00 am & I was really sleepy. I will fix my mistakes later but keep in mind that there are a few. YALL ARE THE REALEST ❤️!

"Hey, hey", Shikamaru cups my face as he stares into my eyes,"Baby I'll be back."

"I know....I'm just really gonna miss you."

"I know ,babygirl.", he kissed my cheek softly. "When I get back you can teach me how to do those box braids you like so much, alright?" I nodded as a tear began falling down my face. The dark haired ninja pulled me in a warm embrace, his very being taking hold of me. He would be going on a mission for a few days with Sakura, Choji, Naruto, and Neji. I begged Tsunade to let me go but she refused. They were about to go up against a big threat. I just didn't want my baby to get hurt. Naruto smiled as he watched the scene before him. We stood at Konoha's gates. It was almost time for the team to leave, but I just didn't want to let him go.

"Bye (y/n), I'll be back!"

"Bye Shika!"

I waved energetically as my boyfriend disappeared into the distance. Gosh was I going to miss him. Walking back home, I make my way past the academy where I first met Shikamaru. We never really talked as kids but instantly got closer when Lady Tsunade made us teach a class there for a week once we got older. That was also around the time when Temari started hanging around the Leaf a lot. She wasn't a pain or anything like Ino could be sometimes. I just truly wanted to spend some quality time with my new crush and friend but she always stuck to him like glue. Her annoying existence became the very reason why Shikamaru found out I liked him in the first place.

"(Y/N)!"

"Yes Shika?"

"What's wrong? You ran off after Temari showed up."

We stood outside of a local seafood restaurant. I took a breath,"I really wanted to tell you something Shika....but she came around and I started feeling like a third wheel..."

He raised a brow at me,"What did you want to say?"

Nervousness instantly ran through my stomach. He was looking a me with those dark eyes I had grown to admire so much. The confidence that I usually wore instantly faded away as began to play with my fingers, feeling as if I had stolen the characteristics of my friend Hinata. I bit my lip as he took a step closer to me.

"What's up?"

I tilt my head upward and take another stare into his eyes before clearing my throat. Taking a deep breath I prepare to say those three words, hoping I won't face rejection.

"I like you..."

Silence.

"It's okay if you don't like me..I just wanted to let you-", I turn away from him but he instantly grabs my hand.

"Woah there..I like you too."

& that was how it all began. I just couldn't wait for him to get back.

________

"SAKURA-CHAN!" I spotted my pink haired companion walking down the streets of Konoha. "You're back!"

I greeted her with a tight hug. I noticed her energy was a bit off because she didn't hug me with equal strength...maybe she's just tired. Ignoring her vibe, I gave her a big smile. If she was here, that means my baby was home too!

"So where is he?", I took her hands in mine and felt myself jumping in excitement. "Is he close  by?"

I take a look behind her only to spot a few citizens of the village. No sign of my dark haired lover.