Chapter 10

~ Two years later ~

"Vanessa, I really need those logs from last month, please! I have to get them to the accountant for the new New York location by the end of the day!" I called out, irritated that I'd had to ask a third time.

"Yeah, I'm going as fast as I can."

I ground my teeth together over the eye roll I could nearly taste floating through the air. Fifteen minutes later, I held my breath, sitting as silently as I could. At the grating sound of her nail file going, I slapped my hands on the desk, smoothing out my slacks and striding out of my office, desperate to keep a level head and not bite hers off. I poked my head into her office, no doubt met with the sight of her working on her nails and not her job, her feet lounged out in front of her.

I took a deep breath and silently walked into her office. Standing next to her chair, she gasped in surprise and impending fear as I leaned down and around her, clicking the files I needed and quickly printing them on the machine behind me. I grabbed them before heading for the door, but stopped and turned back to Vanessa, who sat wide eyed and mouth gaping.

"M-Ms. Hensley, I-"

"That's all I needed, Vanessa. You're dismissed."

"O-Okay, I'll see you Monday."

I closed my eyes, trying to focus on controlled breathing. "No. You won't. Please pack your things and leave. You're dismissed from the company. I'll have security assist in making sure all of your belongings are collected and they'll escort you out."

"What the fuck? I've been here longer than you have!" In one swipe, she cleared the top of the desk, papers scattering haphazardly over the floor, her computer landing harshly on the wood below, shattering the screen.

I stalked over, a flinch arising from Vanessa before she stepped back. I took a deep breath, reaching for the phone and hitting the button I needed.

"Henry, can you please come up and escort Ms. Williams from the office and all the way down to her car?"

"On my way."

"Thank you, Henry."

"Avery, this is ridiculous! I've busted my ass here!" Vanessa screeched, though she still stood cowering in the corner she'd backed herself into.

"No, the only thing you've busted is my patience." My gaze shifted to the broken desktop on the ground. "And my company's property. Which will be taken out of your final paycheck as it was blatantly obvious that you meant for destruction with your outburst."

"You're a fucking bitch, you know that?"

"Fully aware, Ms. Williams. I've heard it before. Please do watch what you say though."

"Fuck that! You think you're all high and fucking mighty, don't you? You're just a spoiled bitch that Mr. Hills felt bad for!" She spit on the ground by my feet, glaring over at me like she was proud of what she'd done.

I snorted. "And you're getting on my last nerve. Remember, Ms. Williams, my self-control that you've whined about these last few years is the only reason why you haven't been thrown out of this office."

"You know what, Avery? Go fuck yourself." She grabbed her jacket from the back of the chair, yanking her purse from the drawer below. "This company's going to burn to the ground because you don't know shit about running it. And I'm going to laugh when it happens."

Dominate MeOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara