Chapter 16

Holy fuck. I know I said I can fight, but I didn't think it would be an actual fight.

I exhaled a quivering breath, shaking out my arms again and again. The cocky smirk on Liam's face challenged me, forcing my mind back to everything Miles had taught me.

I was smaller than Liam - much smaller. He was bigger than Miles in muscle, though slightly shorter. But he'd been gone for two years, and aside from the previous weekend in the alley, he'd never seen me fight.

I ducked down a bit more than I knew to do, narrowing my stance just a bit too much, trying to make him think I was inexperienced. And it worked.

Taking him entirely off guard, I hit two strong left hooks to his ribs, a low right roundhouse to sweep his legs out from underneath of him as he'd leaned to protect his side. Landing on the mat with a low grunt, his eyes blazed up at me.

"Miles taught you more than I thought."

I smirked in pride.

Liam snaked his arm around my ankle in a flash, pulling me to the ground and quickly rolling on top of me, pinning me to the mat beneath him. He held my wrists above my head, leaving me seemingly helpless as he held his weight above me.

"Well, sweetheart... I taught Miles."

Ready to wipe the growing smirk off of his handsome face, I pulled my right leg out from the cage his legs had created, bringing it up high to knee him in the side twice.

He winced, loosening his grip on my wrists just enough that I could yank them free, slamming one fist down on his back below his ribs. He huffed as I hit his kidney, disorienting him enough to push him off and scramble to my feet.

He glared over at me, cocking his head to the side, his eyes almost fully green as they raked over my body.

"You forget, Liam. I knew a bit before I even met Miles."

After a multitude of punches and kicks from us both, most of them blocked, I found myself pinned across the room and against the wall. Liam's body covered mine, his breathing harsh as he held my wrists in his hands once more, my legs tangled in his.

He smirked. "I apologize for underestimating you. For future reference, remember each strike you land on your opponent. You could've weakened them there and can use it to your advantage. But not bad, Ms. Hensley."

I nodded at his advice, though a bit salty that I'd lost. Determined to end on a win, I softened my gaze, trying a new approach. I bit my lip, lowering my gaze to his lips, which parted under my stare.

"Ava-"

Quick to take advantage of his distraction, I jerked my leg from his and stomped on his foot. Pushing Liam to the floor, I straddled his lap, holding his arms above his head and pinning his legs with my feet wrapped around them.

Grinning, I felt strong, powerful, but it was cut short as I realized the thrill of the fight had fully left his eyes and only lust remained.

His cock hardened beneath his pants, pressing against my clit. With only his joggers and my leggings separating us, little was left to my imagination as arousal coated my folds, my thong immediately soaked through.

He laid frozen beneath me, his eyes glued to my own as his tongue traced over his lower lip.

"Ava, I-"

"Good morning, Mr. Rhett!" Jenna's voice echoed through the gym, but we couldn't find it in us to jump apart.

Instead, I nearly moaned as my pussy ached harder, needing its release. I lowered myself more, pressing my clit tighter against Liam's cock, needy vibrations quaking through me as his breathing picked up.