Chapter 20

Now he looks fucking pissed. I bit my lip to the point of pain as I slowly walked in the front door, Miles quickly closing it behind me.

He definitely felt the tension. Shit, he saw the tension. Do I apologize?

No. I haven't done anything wrong. It's just a little sexual attraction... okay, a lot of sexual attraction.

Stepping into the foyer, I glanced up at him, his jaw taught and fists clenched at his sides, like he was physically holding onto his self control.

I rolled my eyes. You haven't technically done anything wrong, Ava. You haven't acted on it.

"Don't think I missed that." His low voice sent shivers racing down my spine as his teeth grazed my ear.

"Missed what?" I blew out a breath, standing my ground, not allowing myself to crumble under his touch.

Miles yanked his phone out of the pocket of his dress pants, his agile fingers racing through his contacts before clicking one of them. He lifted it to his ear, dropping his voice lower, his tone demanding.

"Change of plans tonight. I need you back here. Now."

I headed towards the stairs, but stopped in my tracks as he spoke again.

"I told you what would happen if you kept rolling your eyes at me."

A groan forced its way through my teeth as Miles' hand curved around my throat, pushing me back against the wall. His other hand lifted me to him, my legs immediately circling his waist as his lips crashed onto mine.

Dropping his hand from my ass, his warm fingers quickly found their way between my thighs, growling his arousal at my lack of underwear as he pushed a finger inside of me, my surprised cry stifled by his tongue while it tangled with mine.

My fingernails raked down his broad chest, but I was stopped short as he pulled back from the kiss. I whimpered at the loss.

"Take off your dress."  His deep brown eyes blazed down at me, knowing he could see the defiance in my own.

I stayed still until his finger retreated slowly from my aching pussy, at which moment I ground my teeth together, jerking the straps off my shoulders in a poor attempt to follow his order.

"Ava. Take it off."

I grinned to myself, wanting more from him, knowing he'd give it to me if I waited just a bit longer. Fighting his own need, he cursed to himself and thrust back inside of me, stoking the fire that had completely taken over my body.

"Avery. Be a good girl and take the damn dress off." He breathed harshly into my neck, his teeth biting and sucking on my collarbone.

I squealed in surprise as his hand left my throat, only to rip my dress off and let it fall to our feet.

"Miles! That was one of my favorites." I pouted, gasping again as he curled his fingers inside of me, reminding me that he held the control and stroking that elusive spot that had my legs shaking in anticipation.

"We'll buy you a new one."

"We?"

He smiled against my neck as a knock at the door sounded. Setting me back on my feet, I bent down to pick my trashed dress up and run up the stairs, but he turned back to me before I could, his large hand frozen on the doorknob.

"Leave it. Stay there."

"What? Miles, I'm naked! Who is-"

"Avery." His voice dropped lower. "Stay there."