Chapter 5

Miles' hand on my lower back had me holding my breath as we stepped through the revolving glass doors, heading towards the elevator. My skin flushed as his palm skimmed lower, flattening against the top of my jean shorts.

Clearing my throat, I smiled at Patrick as he stood behind the check-in desk, turning for the elevators to the left. The door slid closed, my breath hitching in my throat as Miles stood to my right, a smirk on his face, though he stayed silent.

Cocky prick... knows what he's fucking doing and it's pissing me off that it's working.

I growled to myself, my body covered in goosebumps as his hand pressed tighter against my back, his palm hot against my skin as it had worked under my loose tank top. I tapped my foot against the floor, anticipation riding me as hard as I wanted him to.

"Are you going to fucking kiss me or not?" I exploded, throwing my hands up. A surprised laugh fell from his lips, echoing through the enclosed space as he raised his eyebrows at me.

"I was testing something." His deep voice retorted, the vibrations of his low words making me flinch as my core tightened instantly. I waited for him to explain, but he simply let his hand drop, rolling his sleeves up to his elbows and crossing a leg over the other, leaning back against the bar on the wall.

Fuck, why does he have to look so hot right now? This fucking elevator needs to hurry up.

I huffed as the door opened, moving to take a step, but he spoke, halting me in my tracks. "Stay here."

"Excuse me?" I tried to feign irritation, but I was lying to myself while I fought to ignore the electricity that shot through my body as his tone changed, dropping as he let out his demand.

"Stay here."

"For fucks sake, Miles. I have to get this done, I don't have time for this."

"I was testing something."

I rolled my eyes, crossing my arms over my chest. "Yes, you said that." I clenched my jaw as I forced my legs to move away, only taking a tiny step as I shook, wanting him to stop me. Wanting him.

"I assumed you loved control in every aspect of your life."

"That wasn't a question."

"It wasn't. But like I said, I was testing something. You love control, yet the moment these doors closed, you got mad at me for not kissing you. Instead of taking charge yourself."

I sucked in a breath, blinking rapidly as he read me.

"You want to give up that control, don't you? In the bedroom? Because it's the one place you'd love to submit. To let go." He pushed off of the wall, stepping over to me as the elevator doors closed once more.

Advancing on me, my back hit the wall. Desperate to keep the defiance in my eyes, I glared up at him, but the second his eyes shifted to my lips and his tongue swiped over his own, I felt myself snap.

"Tell me I'm wrong." He lifted a hand to cup my cheek, his thumb swiping over my lips as they parted.

"I... I cant..." I lowered my gaze to his mouth, letting my lashes hood my eyes as his breathing picked up.

"Ava, tell me to stop. Tell me you don't want me to kiss you right now."

I tried to respond, but I couldn't force the lie from my throat. I bit at my lip, pulling it in between my teeth. Arousal sparked in his eyes, my pussy aching as heat and desire poured from him.

"Avery." He ordered, leaning in, stopping just inches above.

"Kiss me. Fuck, Miles, just kiss me already. Please..."