Chapter 2

I shook out my arms, breathing deeply as I glanced up at the bar above me, trying my best to look around as inconspicuously as possible, not wanting to show my inability to do it myself.

Stupid fucking short ass frame I have. I growled to myself, chewing on my lip as I failed to find an unused box or bench close enough by.

A throat cleared behind me, pulling my concentration.

"Want a leg up?"

I turned, bright blue eyes shining down at me, no hint of sarcasm or humor in them to say he was mocking me. He stood tall, at least six foot, his muscled arms crossed over his broad chest, a black t-shirt hugging his upper body.

"I can figure it out on my own, I think."

He nodded, then frowned, his eyes searching my face. "Have we met before?"

I wish. I'd have had dreams about you for fucking sure.

I shook my head, clearing my throat as an unwelcomed blush worked its way up my neck and cheeks, his gaze locked on me.

What the fuck is it with me today? I rolled my eyes, blaming it on the all-nighter I'd pulled at work. Glaring up at the bar, I went to lift my arms, but knew I'd never be able to jump.

A loud scrape against the gym mat behind me had me turning, the blue-eyed man standing from the bench he'd dragged over.

Wasn't he using that?

He shrugged, reading my mind. "I'm done with it. It's all yours."

He turned for the boxing room as I stepped up onto the bench. He grabbed the back of his shirt and pulled it over his head, leaving my eyes locked on his sweaty, tanned back as he stepped out of view.

Clearing my head, I jumped up onto the bar, doing as many pull-ups as I could before dropping back to the bench. I was about to go for another set when I heard deep, enticing male laughter from the other room.

Letting my curiosity win, I hopped off of the bench and walked over, peering around the doorframe.

Miles and the blue-eyed man circled one another, sparring. When one kicked, the other would dodge. When one punched, the other would duck and divert their hand away. It was like a fighting dance they'd practiced for years upon end, like they were extensions of each other.

A man bumped into me as he leaned down for water, cursing as he apologized immediately, but I'd stepped into their view. Miles' eyes turned to me, a sly smirk on his face as he knew I'd been watching them.

Taking advantage of his distraction, the other man swung his foot around, knocking Miles' feet out from under him. He slammed down to the mat, hard, but the other man chuckled. Not to be taken down easily, Miles snaked his arm up and around the blue-eyed man's knee, twisting it, and he, too, fell to the mat.

The two laughed, flipping one another off before Miles glanced over at me, a strange, curious heat in his eyes as I'd watched the two, completely entranced by both.

My cheeks flared as I stepped back quickly, scurrying over to the locker room to get a quick shower. A cold shower at that.

Why do I feel so nervous around him? And why the fuck do they both intrigue me so much?

I tried to get a handle on my self-inflicted frustration as I yanked my new clothes back on, slipping into my heels. I dried my hair, added some mascara and lipstick, and headed for the front desk.

"Did you have a good workout?" Jenna asked, setting her phone down next to the computer.

I nodded, eager to get back to work and away from the two men I'd met that morning, closing my teeth tighter together as my body was instantly on edge again at the simple thought of them.