Chapter 4

"Good morning! Welcome to Guardian Fitness." Jenna chirped from behind the counter. I smiled as I stepped over to her, pen in hand to sign up.

"Your name?"

"Avery Hensley."

She typed quickly, asking a few more questions as I signed the waivers and handed them back, along with my card.

I tensed, shifting from one leg to the other, suddenly hyperaware of his eyes on me as he walked over.

"Troublemaker? You're here early."

I cleared my throat, a hand on my hip as I turned towards his deep voice. "Well I have to get to work early this morning so I can be done in time for a date tonight with some guy."

He raised his eyebrows, smirking as he stood directly in front of me. "Some guy, huh?"

"Yes. Some guy. Now. If you'll excuse me, I have to go workout so that I can get to work." I stepped around him, forcing out a shaky breath as I felt his eyes on me once more. Adding a sway to my hips, I grinned, biting my lip as I heard him cough behind me.

A heavy leg day was just what I needed to clear my head, the distracting haze that Miles' voice, body, and entire being that had worked its way into my mind finally lifting marginally.

I got under the bar for my last set of squats, stepping forward and starting.

Movement behind me in the mirror had my attention pulled, bright blue eyes scanning the room as he took a long sip of water. Dragging his top up and over his head, Liam stood shirtless, veins bulging as he continued his workout with pull-ups.

I wrenched forward, the weights suddenly feeling twice as heavy as I nearly hit my forehead on the mirror. Stopped just in time, an arm around my waist tightened as the bar disappeared from my shoulders. I blew out a breath of shock as Miles turned me in his grip, his other hand coming up under my chin as he stared down at me in panic.

"You okay? We can cancel tonight if you're hurt. I can take you to the doctors." He asked, his voice deeper than normal with worry.

I nodded, twisting a bit to make sure my back didn't feel off.

Wait if he grabbed me, who got the bar?

Turning around completely, I saw Liam's biceps protruding as he set the bar back in place on the machine without a sign of difficulty.

That was... that was two hundred and ten pounds... and he just lifted it like it was twenty.

He winked at me as he caught me staring, mouth open, but something changed in his playful demeanor as he saw Miles' arm still around me. He turned quickly, heading for the boxing room without a word.

"You sure you're okay?" Miles' voice at my ear jerked me back from Liam's absence.

"Y-Yeah. Thank you. Both of you."

He smirked. "Little distracted?"

I rolled my eyes, not wanting to admit to him that I had been, especially by another man so fervently. I tucked my stray hairs behind my ears, patting at his chest as I stepped away.

"Don't overthink it, sir." I joked, but his eyes darkened down at me. He closed the gap between us again, a breath sucked in between my teeth as my core tightened immediately, my folds saturated as his cologne filled my senses.

"Don't think for a second that I didn't notice your eyes rolling, troublemaker. The only reason you're not bent over a bench for it is because you deserve to be taken to dinner first. Plus the gym is full and I don't plan on having an audience like that. At least not the first time."