Chapter 37

~ One month later ~

"You haven't even touched your coffee." Bailey sipped at her own latte next to me, the two of us watching Jenna intently as she fiddled with her to-go cup.

"I just - I don't know. I want to apologize again and-"

"Jen, stop. You did what you could to save me and your sister. It's okay. No one's mad here." I promised her, making sure she knew I was being sincere.

I knew she'd tried to tell Liam and Miles that day in the gym, and without siblings of my own, I had no idea how I'd have handled the situation she'd found herself thrown into. I was just glad it was over.

"Come on." I polished off my coffee quickly, offering her a hand when I stood up.

"Where are we going?" She glanced up tentatively, picking her cup up and walking out with us.

"To the hotel to get Jasmine. Girls night at my house." I hurried out to the car, excited and hopeful for the night to push things back towards normal.

____________________

"Wine?"

"Yes please!" Bailey shot over her shoulder, running and jumping onto the living room couch, dragging Jenna behind her.

"Do you want anything?"

Jasmine shook her head rapidly, glancing around for Miles and Liam as she eyed the alcohol in my hand.

I laughed softly. "They're not here. They're working a case out in Los Angeles right now. I'm not saying 'get drunk', but if you want a glass or two, I'd rather you did it here so I knew you were safe."

"I'll try one then, thanks. Los Angeles?"

I nodded, pouring four glasses and handing her one. "Someone's been hacking into large businesses and transferring money to offshore accounts. Miles and Liam are FBI, so they'll go wherever they're needed for cases throughout the country. The only reason they didn't leave much before was because of the Covington case here. Then Liam quit and Miles really threw himself into it. So now that that case is solved and Liam's gone back to the bureau, they're busy as hell."

"Have they caught the guy yet?"

I smirked, sipping at my wine before collecting the glasses to join the other two in the living room. "It's a woman actually. They haven't caught her yet though, no. They really don't have much to go on, Miles just has a hunch."

"She probably has a good reason." Bailey noted nonchalantly and taking a drink, noticing us all staring at her. "What? Oh come on! You don't just snap and steal hella money from big wigs without a big event as the catalyst. I'm not saying it's right, but I'm assuming she probably has a damn good reason is all."

I thought for a moment and shrugged, shaking my head when she grinned evilly and laughed.

"Turn on the movie before you say something and incriminate yourself somehow." I smiled widely when hers fell, glancing around the room like she'd seen a ghost.

"You guys don't have cameras or mics or something in here, do you?"

Jenna chirped up, wiggling her eyebrows at me. "Wouldn't surprise me if they did so they could make some... home movies together."