34. Shakura returns 😈

Hey sweethearts, I'm back with another new update ❤️

It was Vani's first birthday. It had been 365 days since Vani stepped out of her mother's womb. Balwant had planned to celebrate his granddaughter's first birthday grandly and started making the preparations a week earlier. Bani tried as much as she could to avoid the grand celebration but the Singhanias insisted to do it as per their wish and she agreed with heavy heart.

At VAni's room :
Veer and Bani were waiting for the clock to strike 12 as it would be Vani's first birthday. They laid down on either side of the baby and started counting the minutes impatiently to reach 12:00am.
Veer : Sweetheart, 12 more minutes. (He said nervously)
Bani : Ufff Veeranshu, calm down. Just 12 more minutes only. We have waited patiently for 12 months so keep the same patience to wait for 12 minutes more.
Veer : I just feel like yesterday only I saw you screaming in the labour ward but in a blink of an eye it crossed 12 months already, gharwali.
Bani : Yes, time flies so fast. Next year by this time she will be 2 years old, Veer.
Veer : She is growing too fast, Bani. Look at her, how peacefully she is sleeping now. I just want to freeze the time and keep watching her sleeping like this always.

Bani : Don't worry, gharwale

Bani : Don't worry, gharwale. She will stay with us only until she gets married so you can watch her sleeping like this for the next 20-25 years. (She chuckled)
Veer : No, I'm not letting her to get married, sweetheart. I want her to stay with us till the end.
Bani : Ufff possessive father. I'm sure she will fall in love one day and will announce her marriage date to us out of nowhere just like you did then only you will know how your father felt that day.
Veer : No, never! Maybe she can flirt with boys, have crushes and all but I won't give her away to an unknown guy to stay with her for the rest of her life. I know about boys very well and I won't let anyone to hurt my Angel. (He said, kissing his Vani's forehead possessively)
Bani : Veeranshu, she is just 1 year old. Stop thinking too much now. Let's see what happens in the future.
Veer : But she..... (Bani cut him off)
Bani : Shhhh. It's going to be 12 now. Few more seconds, Veer. (She said excitedly)
Veer : Let's count the seconds. 6
Bani : 5
Veer : 4
Bani : 3
Veer : 2
Bani and Veer : 1! Happy Birthday, Angel!!!! (They screamed and everyone else in the house joined them)
Bani and Veer were amused looking at all of their family members in their room. Vani woke up with a jerk because of their screams and looked around with her big doe eyes. Daksh and Ponky jumped on the bed and started singing birthday song. Vani didn't understand what's going on there so she started looking around and scanning their hands which were holding gift boxes.

Balwant : Vani baby, see what I got for you. (He said, showing the gift box in his hand)
Tapish : No, first she will see ours. Am I right, Meera?
Meera : Yes, Tapish. She will see our gift first.
Daksh : Not fair at all. We are the one sitting closer to Vani so she will first see her chachas gifts. Haina, baby? (He asked Vani, who was rubbing her eyes and yawning)
Veer : Hello, excuse me? Guys, whose room is this?
Balwant : Yours.
Veer : Whose daughter is she?
Tapish : Yours.
Veer : So who should give her the gift first?
Bani : Me!!!! (Veer stared at Bani and she chuckled at him)
Balwant : I'm the eldest one here so I will give her my gift first.
Veer : No way! She is mine. I will give her my gift first. (He quickly picked up Vani from the bed and hid her from others)
Bani : Veeranshu!! This is not done. She is my daughter too. Give her to me.
Veer : No!! (He hid her in his arms)
Ponky : Veer bhai!!!! This is not fair. You can't do this to us. I have been preparing the gift for her since 6 months.
Tapish : We bought the gift for her when she was born. (He frowned)
All of them were fighting for their rights there when unexpectedly Vani spoke the very first word from her mouth making all of their jaws reach the floor.
Vani : Papa! (She hugged Veer with her tiny hands and rested her head on his shoulder)
Veer's eyes popped out as he couldn't believe what she said.
Veer : What does she said? Did I just hear 'papa' from her?
Bani : Baby, what did you say just now? (She went behind Veer to look at Vani)
Veer : Vani, baby, say that again. What you called me?
Balwant : Veer, she called you papa for the first time that too on her birthday. (He exclaimed happily)
Bani : Baby, say mumma also.
Vani showed her tongue to Bani and hid her face in the crook of Veer's neck. Bani eyes and mouth widened with Vani's mischievous action.
Veer : Yaaayyyyy!!!! Vani called me papa on her birthday!!! (He brought Vani in front of his face and started kissing her all over the face making her giggle)
Bani sulked and everyone laughed at them.
Bani : Vani, I'm the one who gave birth to you but you called your papa first. (She pouted sadly)
Meera : Bani, it's okay leave it. She will call you mumma soon. She just started to speak so let it go today.
Tapish : Yes, Bani. Don't worry.
Bani nodded and smiled.
Veer : Hey my little champ, I wanted give you a surprise today but you gave me a big surprise instead. I'm so happy today, baby! (He chirped with excitement)
Vani giggled and hugged him again.
Daksh : Veer bhai, give her to us. We have been waiting to give our gifts to her.
Veer : Okay, fine. Baby, go to your chachas. (He placed her on the bed)
Everyone started giving her gifts except Veer and Bani. Vani excitedly took all their gifts as the colourful wrap papers grabbed her attention and she started playing with the boxes as she didn't know how to open them. All of them helped her to open their respective gifts and showed it to her. They all bought various types of toys and baby accessories for her except Ponky. His gift was the odd one out of all the gifts. He gave her a pair of cute earrings.