33. New Foe?

Hey sweethearts, I'm back again 💖

Six months later, Vani turned 8 months old and she started to rock back and forth on her hands and knees. She could literally started to crawl backward step by step and also started making more noises in her baby voice such as babbling and squealing. Her sleeping schedule had been completely changed as she used to sleep a lot during day time and stay awake at nights. Veer and Bani were taking shifts to look after her as her naughtiness was increasing day by day.

Morning at 7 :
Veer was sleeping peacefully on the bed while Bani was sitting on the floor exhaustedly after staying awake the whole night to look after Vani. Vani was still playing with her toys on Bani's lap while making noises in gibberish language. Veer woke up due to the noise and rubbed his eyes before opening them. He finally opened his eyes widely and looked at Bani and Vani who were sitting on the floor. He started to laugh looking at Bani's appearance as her hair and clothes were damn messy since Vani was taking her mom for granted the whole night.
Bani : Mr Veeranshu, can I know why are you laughing like a maniac now? (She asked annoyedly)
Veer : Sweetheart, what are you both doing on the floor?
Bani : Dancing. (She said sarcastically) Ufff, what else do you expect us to do? She has been disturbing you on the bed last night so I took her here to let you sleep peacefully there. (She said, rolling her eyes)
Veer : Awww that's so sweet of you, gharwali.
Bani : Shut up.
Vani : Babababababa. (She wished her dad good morning in her own language)
Veer : Aww good morning, Angel. Why are you still awake? Don't you want to sleep? (He asked while taking her in his arms)
Vani started tracing her fingers on his face especially on his beard.
Bani : Veer, can I go to sleep now? (She asked, rubbing her eyes tiredly)
Veer : Okay sweetheart, you go to bed. I will take care of her.
Bani : Ufff thank you so much. (She jumped on the bed and dozed off within seconds)
Veer chuckled at Bani's cuteness and pecked her lips before covering her with the blanket. He made Vani to sleep in his arms within an hour and placed her beside Bani before going to take his shower.

Bani woke up at 11 in the morning and looked around her only to realize that Veer and Vani were not there

Bani woke up at 11 in the morning and looked around her only to realize that Veer and Vani were not there. She freshened up herself and went to the kitchen to have her breakfast. Meera was helping the chief cook to prepare for the lunch.
Bani : Meera Di?
Meera : Haan, Bani? You are awake? You should sleep for some time more because Veer told me that you slept off at 7am only.
Bani : It's okay, Meera Di. I will sleep later. Where is Veer?
Veer : He has gone out with Vani.
Bani : How about Mithra and Arjun?
Meera : They as usual went to the office with Tapish and daddy ji.
Bani : Okay, Meera Di. Can I get something to eat?
Meera : Sure, Bani. Just sit at the dining table, I will bring your breakfast.
Bani sat at the dining table and took out her phone to dial Veer's number. He answered in the first ring itself.
Veer : Hello, sweetheart?
Bani : Veeranshu, where are you?
Veer : My business partner is coming from Kolkata today so I came to the airport to receive him. And sweetheart, he will be staying with us for 3 days so please order the servants to arrange the guest room neatly.
Bani : Sure but why did you take Vani with you?
Veer : To play in the airport. (He chuckled)
Bani : Veeranshu!
Veer : Relax, sweetheart. She woke up again within few minutes so I took her with me because I know she will ruin your sleep if she stays with you.
Bani : Hmm okay. Come back soon.
Veer : Why sweetheart, are you missing your patidev already?
Bani : Arghh, I'm going to cut the call now. (She cut the call and blushed)
Veer's mind voice : I know you are blushing there, gharwali.