13. Surprise for VANI 💙

Hollaa, sweethearts ❤️ I hope this update will be the way you all expected 🙈 Read it and let me know your opinion in the comment section.

It was on Friday at 5pm, all the staffs in the office were packing their things excitedly to celebrate their weekend. Everyone left back home once the office hour ended except two souls and it was none other than Veer and Bani. Veer was working in his cabin while Bani was working at her desk. Around fifteen past five, Veer came out from his cabin and saw Bani still working there so he went to talk to her.
Veer : Bani, are you still here? (He tapped on her shoulder)
Bani : Haan. I will leave in a while. (She said while looking at her laptop screen)
Veer : How are you going back home? I guess Mithra is not here. (He asked while looking for Mithra around there)
Bani : I will book a cab, Veeranshu. (She turned to him)
Veer : Okay sweetheart. See you on Monday. Take care and be safe. (He left before she could even respond to him)
Bani's mind voice : What happened to him? Usually he would insist to drop me back home but now even after telling him that I will book a cab, he just left me alone here. You are changed, Veeranshu. (Sighing disappointedly, she packed her things to go back home)

Bani reached home and saw Mithra, who was making coffee for both of them in the kitchen.
Bani : Mithra, I'm back home.
Mithra : Sweetie, what took you so long at the office? You even asked me to leave first.
Bani's mind voice : Yes because I thought I could spend some time with him but he left me alone there.
Mithra : Sweetie?? (She waved her hand in front of her)
Bani : Nothing. I was just having some pending work so I wanted to complete it before I leave.
Mithra : Okay, sweetie. Have this coffee first. (She passed her the coffee cup)
Bani : Thank you, Mithra.
Both of them were sipping their coffee in the living room while chitchatting about their day. Suddenly Mithra asked a favor from Bani.
Mithra : Sweetie, I need your favor tonight.
Bani : What? Don't ask me to accompany you to the club. I'm not interested.
Mithra : Not club but somewhere else. Actually I have to attend a birthday party of my old friend. He is staying near our office too.
Bani : Okay but why are you inviting me along? I don't even know your friends here.
Mithra : I don't want to go alone. I want you to follow me there. Please sweetie. (She made a puppy face)
Bani : No, Mithra I'm really tired. I can't get ready now.
Mithra : Not now, sweetie. The party will start at 11:45pm. You take rest first then we will go to the party.
Bani : What? Party at 11:45pm? Are you mad?
Mithra : Actually his birthday is on tomorrow so he planned to cut the cake at 12:00am. (She chuckled)
Bani : I just wonder how your friends are exactly like you. Completely weird creatures on the earth. (She said annoyingly)
Mithra : Please na, sweetie. You are coming with me right? Please?
Bani : Arghhh okay I will come. Let me take some rest first.
Mithra : Hurray thank you so much baby. (She screamed like an excited child and hugged her)

Both of them took rest until 8pm, freshen up themselves and had their dinner. It was 10:45pm when they decided to get ready for the party. Bani thought to wear a party-wear kurti but Mithra insisted her to wear a saree.
Bani : What?? Saree? At this time? No way! (She refused)
Mithra : Sweetie, please wear a saree. My friend asked all of us to wear a saree for the party. Please?
Bani : Saree for the party? I'm so done with you and your friend. What kind of friend you have? Oh God!!
Mithra : Please sweetie. Wear this saree. It looks perfect on you. (She said, showing a red saree of Bani)
Bani : Okay! (She agreed as Mithra was being too stubborn)
Bani came out wearing the saree Mithra chose but Mithra was standing still there not knowing what to wear. Bani choose another saree of her for Mithra and helped her to wear the saree. Both of them got ready for the party by 11:30pm. They drove their car and reached the destination at 11:50pm. It was a huge guest house and they both were amazed looking at the outside view of the guest house.
Bani : Not bad. Your friend seems to be rich enough to own this house.
Mithra : Yes, he is super rich sweetie.
Bani : Good. You said the party starts at 11:45pm but I can't see anybody here. (She said, observing the surrounding while walking into the guest house)
Mithra : Maybe they are inside the house. Come, let's go in. (She dragged Bani inside)