Chapter 20- I GET IT

ROSELLE'S POV

_________________________________________

In the past few days I learnt not to question myself about my life ever again. Because the more I will regret my existence in this world, my life will leave no chance to bring more and more obstacles in front of me. Instead of losing your voice by crying and screaming at every obstacle you find, its better to keep quiet and save your breath till the very last.

So, I was going to get myself killed with my 'not-at-all-helping-Goddess' mom with me. And I wasn't complaining. Not at all complaining.

There was a thud and I fell on the floor. "Wow. How can one be so good at teleporting!" I said sarcastically.

"I am ignoring what you just said. So listen here, at the end of this corridor, will be a hall. You enter it and in that hall, you will find a room with a digital lock on it. You will have to figure out the code. Once you do that, the door opens and you take your gem. You take it and then poof! Your work done. Remember, the most important is when it all falls." Aphrodite said.

"How will I get out..." But I trailed off when Aphrodite vanished even before I could complete.

"Yeah great. No wishing good luck." I sighed and shook my head.

I kept my shining sword in my hand and moved forward, in the dark corridor, lit by purple torches.

How I wish I could get the Gem without killing anyone, but do these stupid guards listen? Ofcourse not. Here they were again to be burned. So, listen or read (whatever, I don't care) how I killed them.

As soon as I took my first step, a guard came flying towards me. (Not exactly flying, it jumped on me) Honestly, this one was fast but my instincts were better. He tried to jump from behind me and throw me to the ground, but I was too quick. I turned and slashed the guard in two, his blood falling on my face just that it was black in colour.

I looked up and saw the Torches high above me. "You know, Keres shouldn't keep Torches where you all are. Now thanks to her that I'll burn you." I said.

I took out my bow from the bag and decided to take the risk.

I hesitantly took the arrow and aimed it at the torch in such a way that it would fall down on the floor.

There is a good news and bad news.

The good news is that the torch did fall down. And the bad news is that it rolled down the corridor tumbling past the guards but certainly not burning them.

"Wow. That's why I should have practiced Archery more..." I said to myself, "Fine. Till then lets keep on slashing you all!"

And then all of a sudden I began to glow and a white shimmering light surrounded me, and you know what happened next?

My mom decided to bless me with her beauty and weird sense of dressing and my good old jeans and top changed to a pink flowy gown. That too in Greek style.

I looked up towards the sky and shouted "Seriously mum! Is this the time to change my good fighting dress to a gown? Are you kidding? I am here to kill them not to go for a prom!" But I knew she wouldn't listen.

And just then I noticed something... The guards squinted at the light around and it dawned upon me, "Ohh. You guys don't like light, eh? Just my thing to kill you. Keres, don't send these darkness people in front of the Heir of Light Gem. Where did your common sense go! Oh sorry, you didn't have one." I smirked.

I thought of the 'immense dispersion of light' kinda power of mine and I don't know why my hands went automatically went into a position where uhm... Like you've seen Superheroes landing on the ground with on hand on the ground and the other high in air? You see, I was in that kinda position, leaving my gown aside.