Chapter 16- One Gem Down

Why in the worlds am I the only person whose feet like to stick on the floor and not let me move?

Oh wait, this time it was all of them.

"Eh, guys? Are you also not able to move?" Charlotte asked.

"I can't." James said.

"Nor can I." Grace said and Thomas and I joined with a "Nope"

"Oh no no. This is certainly a bad omen. Nothing good happens when your feet-" I was interrupted by Keres's voice "This just nothing. You'll see what else I can do."

"Yeah. Here we go. Not a great thing to happen." I said.

"W-what's happening?" Roselle asked.

"Oh Roselle dear, stop pretending! Now you can show your true self." Keres said.

"WHAT THE HECK DO YOU MEAN?!" I asked, frowning.

"This is your time. Kill them. Start with this boy who has the Jade Gem, what's his name again?" Keres's voice asked.

"James." Roselle replied.

I looked at her with a confused expression, infact, all of us were confused. Why was Keres asking Roselle to stop pretending?

"What is all this Roselle? ANSWER!" Grace shouted.

Roselle's confused expression changed to a smirk, "She means what she means." She said while lifting her foot and taking a step forward, dramatically. She was the only one who could move.

"Let's get done with this mess. Kill him, dear." Keres spoke up again.

"You shut your mouth! What is this Roselle?" Thomas shouted.

"This is what it is. I am going to kill him and then slowly, each and every one of you." Roselle spoke with literally no guilt about what she was saying.

"Wha- This can't be happening! You- Roselle! What happened to you!?" Grace shouted.

"Nothing has happened to me. It was meant to happen this way. Me killing you all, and then get the Gems for myself and Keres ofcourse." Roselle said calmly.

"Oh don't waste time talking to these fools! Kill. Now." Keres ordered.

"Oh I will my lady. But they do owe an explanation from me." Roselle said, "See, since the first day I came here, I was in contact with Keres. She told me many things, like how you guys will be foolish enough to accept this stupid quest and put my life in danger. I don't give a shit to what happens to this world. All I care is about myself!"

"Your family is out there! They will die too, you will die too if Keres gets the Gems!" Charlotte tried to argue with Roselle.

"Oh no dear. I already told you that you and your family will be kept safe. If we don't get those gems then there will be war. And neither your parents nor will you survive. You don't want that, do you?"

"I ofcourse don't. Keres promised me quite things, in front of which, you and this world are nothing." Roselle said.

"Roselle, I-I don't know what you are saying but you cannot trust her! This is all rubbish." Charlotte said.

"Yes. She is right. Keres is evil and she will never keep her promises." Thomas added.

"You can't kill us. You are our friend! Y-You won't do this." I said.

"Roselle, see, you are a good person, like us. There is still time... you can save us and leave that evil creature's side." Charlotte said.

We all were trying to reason with Roselle but the only person quiet there was James, he was in a deep thought.