ғɪғᴛᴇᴇɴ

Start from the beginning

"Phil, I need you to listen very carefully." Emma said with a stern look, which caused the boy to be serious as well. "I to tell you something about the house and Mom."

Surprisingly, the little boy had been troubled about it since the beginning. Noticing all of their strange behaviors. Theorizing everything that he had observed. Everyone in the room was shocked by the smart little boy.

He teared up as he talked about it. He couldn't believe it was all true. He knew something was going on and yet he didn't tell them because he was not sure.

Emma looked at the boy in sadness. He has been through a lot as well. Putting her hands on the boy's shoulder, she spoke.

"Phil, listen carefully." She said. "I'm hesitating between two choices right now."

Phil looked up at Emma, staring back at her green orbs. He was ready to listen whatever his big sister has in mind.

"Should I take everyone, including the babies?" She asked. "Or should I leave the kids who are under four years old?"

That made Gilda and Don, who were standing just beside them, gasp in surprise.

"We only get harvested once we turn six years old." She explained. "Even for Maryna, who has the earliest birthday, will still have at least a year and a half."

"And fifteen of the older kids will be gone. No, make that sixteen." She added. "If this house focuses on quality over quantity, then the pace of the harvesting will go down."

"In order to raise high quality kids again, they can't kill the younger ones who have potential." She said. "On that point, the six kids who are four years old, including you, have good scores."

"At worst, I estimate that we have two years in time." She said.

Gilda looked very surprised by Emma's explaining towards the little boy. The green-haired girl is probably expecting some kind of question from her. Realizing it, she gasps along with Don.

Don walked towards her in panic, Gilda as well. "E-Emma do you mean-"

"I can wait." Phil turned to the two, smiling.

"Phil.." Emma looked upon the boy. Phil has now decided, that was what she was waiting for.

"Alright then." Emma smiled and hugged the small boy in her arms.

Emma sighed as she leans upon the frame of the infirmary bed. Don had taken Phil to bed. While Gilda was left behind with Emma.

It is hard for her to leave the younger children. She had taken consideration of leaving them because of Ray's argument. He had a point back then, though she was also considering on taking them.

Now that Phil has decided, she will take action with her plan of coming back for them in two years. She felt a a little ashamed for planning on leaving them, but nevertheless it was for the best.

She promised herself to get them back.

"Emma.." Gilda called out. "Are you really alright with it?"

That question caught Emma off guard. She wasn't okay with it but she must go with it. "Yes, I am." She smiled, looking down. "Even though it will really shatter ny heart to leave them, we will always come back and rescue them."

Gilda was impressed by her decision. She will always support her, she thought. She smiled at her older sister figure.

The glassed girl looked away, seeming to be perturbed about something. "Emma.."

Emma, who looked up, asked. "What is it Gilda?" Noticing her discomfort, she asked further. "Is something troubling you?"

"I mean- maybe you don't want to really leave the children-" Emma panicked. "Ah! I'm so stupid, you told me Norman's plan won't work earlier! Anyway-"