Her footsteps lightly filled the stairs and she appeared in the kitchen quicker than I thought she would. Hungry much?
"Wow! This looks so good. Thank you." I hadn't heard those words from Jules in years. She was thanking me, had we actually solved our problems?

I handed her a plate and sat down with Cade and my mother. The table was quiet, I didn't grab a plate myself because I hadn't made food for myself. My mom and sister didn't question it; knowing it would start a triggering conversation. But Cade couldn't keep his eyes off of me. After his escapade in the kitchen I had no idea why he would even look at me right now.

"Why isn't Estella eating?" He directed his question towards my mom, almost ignoring my presence completely.

"She-" my mom went to explain but I chimed in.

"That's not really the business of my bodyguard. Oh and Estella is right here." I chirped at him, bringing my attention back to the TV set in our dining room. My mom looked at me with shock, she was always appalled by my behavior towards people. She knew I had a mouth on me but she hated when I used it to stand up for myself.

It's one of the reasons I stayed with David for so long, and lost so many fights to Jules. My mother constantly told me growing up that I needed to keep a good attitude to keep a good life. She let anyone talk to her however they wanted, and all it did for me was show me how weak she was. I gestured to her a what? as she wouldn't stop staring at me.

"What she means is that it's a touchy subject." She lightly laughed as she answered Cades earlier question. She did that a lot too, answered questions to people who didn't deserve it.

"No mom. What I meant is that it's not. His. Business." I smiled at him in a fake way making it known I didn't care for his behavior towards me earlier.

My mother gasped at me. She shook her head to herself with discomfort riddled all over her face. Jules laughed quietly to herself trying to contain her humor.

"Could I excuse myself and speak to Estella outside real quick?" What? Did those words genuinely just come from Cades mouth?

My mother nodded and gestured for me to follow him as he got up from the table.
"I'm not going outside, it's raining." I faked a pout and sat back down.

"Let's take a trip upstairs then." He kept a grin on his face knowing he would get his way for as long as my mom was watching. I reluctantly followed him up the steps.

We made it into my room and he immediately shut the door locking it.
"I'm not fucking you if that's what you want." I said to him motioning to the locked door.

"Good because I don't want to fuck you princess. I just want to talk." He was calm, too calm.

"About?" I questioned with a tone of carelessness hiding in my voice. He picked up on it and let his head fall for a second, controlling himself from killing me im sure.

"Why didn't you make a plate?" This was what he wanted to know? God damn he was nosy.

"Why is that your business?"

"Because it is." Wow great answer Cade, god he's infuriating.

"It's not. Scurry along now." I wasn't letting my attitude down. He deserved the cold shoulder, he deserved every bad thing he got in life.

How had I been so contempt with him all of two hours ago? I had hidden every bad thing about him, not to mention the many mysterious things I had no idea about.

"Estella. The fuck is your problem?" He grabbed my wrists, securing them but not with enough force to hurt.

"I hate you." I mumbled to him. I hated him. I hated his morals, I hated his attitude, I hated his friends and his business and his appearance and I hated the way he made me feel.

His eyes pined over mine, searching for some type of regret. But it wasn't there. I said what I needed to say, and he dropped his hold on me. Looking to ground he scoffed.
"You hate me?" That's what I said isn't it?

"I hate every detail about you." I kept it going.

"Okay. You wanna do this? You think I like you? You think I enjoy you?" His words stung unexpectedly.

"I- no I mean. I don't know Cade why don't you just tell me?!" I yelled at him. All of this would be avoided in general if he ever just told me how he was feeling or what he was thinking.

"I fucking hate you E. I have hated you since the moment my mind became fixated on you. I hate the way you let men talk to you. I hate the way you know about my secrets. I fucking hate the way you won't just stay the fuck away from me." He stepped closer to me, backing me to the wall.
"I hate the way you smell like roses, I hate the way you're so innocent, I hate the way you taste. I. Hate. You." He smashed his lips to mine.

This kiss was different, full of anger and desperation. He was kissing me with everything he had, not holding back anymore. He flipped me around so that my front was flush against the wall.
"I hate what you do to me." He whispered in my ear before grinding his erection on the back of me.

He flipped me back around, snaking his hand around my throat and lightly squeezing on the sides. He wasn't trying to kill me like I'd expect, he was keeping my airway completely fine and open. He brought his lips to my jaw, lining kisses down to my neck and then on to my collar bone.

He sucked in a sharp breath before snapping his head up to meet my eyes.
"Tell me you don't hate me." His voice cracked as he said the words.

"I don't hate you." For once, I was telling the truth.

"Why?"

"What do you mean?" I was confused. He told me to tell him that, but now he was questioning it?

"You should hate me Estella. I'm the worst person you'll ever meet, you shouldn't be near me." Where was this coming from?

"Cade what? I don't understand. What have you done?" I brought my hand to his face to caress his cheek, but he grabbed my wrist midway.

"Don't touch me." He walked to the bed sitting down. Turning to me he started mumbling. I couldn't make out what he was saying.

"Cade what did you do?"

"A lot of shit. Fuck I shouldn't be around you. This is bad." What was bad? What did he mean?

"Can you just explain it to me?" I sat down behind him, placing my hand over his shoulder. His entire body tensed as I did so and I was scared he'd freak out.

"Princess I've killed before. Take your fucking hand off of me." His eyes glazed over with darkness. The Cade I was just talking to was gone. My hand flew off of his shoulder at his words and I looked down at my lap. He's killed?

"Who?" I didn't even want to know.

"Anyone who got in my way." He smirked at me before standing up.
"You really should hate me sweetheart."

~~

[ yallll things are getting crazy!! Also omg I hit 4K reads!!! Thank you so so much! <3 ]