Venom vs. Launch (Pistole) 2: The Semifinals

Start from the beginning

"First up is the notorious dame of the Turtle Hermit school." The Announcer said, shaking with fear. "After her brutal match against Ranfan, she returns to kick some more butt, hopefully in a less violent and one-sided way. Give it up for Launch!"

Launch walked onto the ring, her face a mix of bliss and regret. The crowd booed and even through food and beverages at her. Launch just instinctively avoided all the throwable items, calmly walking over and taking her spot in the ring. Only she and Pistole could hear the low growl of Venom offstage, clearly displeased with the crowd's treatment of her. Knowing that Venom wouldn't do anything spiteful (during the tournament at least), she briefly turned her gaze to the camera, hoping that Ranfan was watching from her hospital bed.

"Even I am feeling bad for Launch." Bulma thought. "She doesn't deserve this kind of treatment."

"Next up we have the Lethal Protector himself. Last time, this werespider scored an amazing and yet somewhat slimy victory over the Monster Beast Giran! Give a round of applause for Venom!"

An overwhelming amount of cheering erupted from the crowd, even from the ones who Venom got saliva on yesterday. However, the happy faces morphed into complexed and confused expressions as little Goku ran onto the ring, waving and greeting everyone.

"Hello everyone! How are you all doing?!" Goku greeted. "Our name is Goku. It is nice to meet you all."

Launch smirked at seeing this. Both hosts knew the plan concerning their introduction. She had figured out quite recently thanks to Pistole that sometimes Goku just likes to play dumb.

"Hey what gives?" Oolong said. "Does Goku know he is making himself look like an idiot?"

"Yeah, I know Goku is socially disadvantaged, but even this is a bit much for him." Master Roshi agreed.

Krillin facepalmed his forehead, while Yamcha scratched his hair in confusion.

"Dang it Goku, why do you always make yourself look like an idiot?" Krillin asked.

"Beats me." Yamcha said.

Bulma's eyes went wide. While everyone else saw Goku as socially challenged, she suddenly knew what was going on. Bulma Briefs, Goku's and Venom's first and longest friend, had finally cracked the final code of Goku's personality.

"Oh Goku, this is all just for show. Isn't it." Bulma smiled remembering all her adventures with him in search of the dragon balls six months back. "Thanks to Venom, you are becoming a genius in the art of drama and social nuisances. You have certainly come a long way from the lost child living in Grandpa Gohan's hut."

"I assure you ladies and gentlemen that this is the same fighter you saw fighting Giran yesterday." The Announcer reassured nervously. "Please settle back in your seats."

The Tournament Announcer waited until all of the audience members were settled back in their positions. None of them wanted to see a child get victimised by an angry psycho blonde chick.

"Are you ready?" The Tournament Announcer asked both Goku and Launch. They both starred at each other smiling, but not responding.

"Okay then. Three, two, one, go!?" The Tournament Announcer shouted.

What everyone expected was the two charging at each other, or Launch just brutalizing poor Goku. What they got was the sight of two young people doing stretches.

"Okay...you two know your supposed to fight? Right?" The Tournament Announcer asked. There was no reply from either combatant, each continuing to stretch.