Epilogue

Alyssa

A year later

Dark..

Not that dark outside. It's morning, but Dave blindfolded my eyes once we get into his car. And I have no idea where we are going now. And today is our first year anniversary.

"Um.. can you give me at least a clue?" I ask my boyfriend.

"Nope. Just enjoy the music Lyssa," he says and I hear the music goes louder.

A year with Dave, he managed to make all my insecurities and paranoia gone like a wind. Someone could take a picture of a woman sitting in his lap. I would believe that it's photoshopped or maybe the woman is a bitch. Because.. I know Dave loves me.. so much.. more than anything in this world. I know I am his world, his everything. He looks at me with his heart and love. He knows me better than I know myself.

Not to mention he is so good in bed! Yes yes that too. But that's a bonus. The truth is, when he made love to me, I know for sure that he is in love with me. Crazy right!

By the way, the car just stopped. Too long for a red light. "Dave?"

"Yeah?"

"Are we there yet?"

"Um.. yeah.."

Did I mention to you it's not just him that knows me so well more than myself. I also know him better than himself. Like now, I know he is up to something and yet he is so nervous. I could hear from his voice.

"Are you okay?"

"Can you just.. pretend that you don't know I'm nervous?" He says honestly and I laugh. And he also knows that I know him better than himself.

So, as a good girlfriend. I sit there listening to Dean Eisler and Celeste Young singing their song for the musical movie they played together while waiting for my boyfriend and whatever the plan he has.

The song is finished. I thought we would go down but no, Meredith Hall's voice comes to my ears singing her song from the same movie. One of my favorites! I will pay with all my savings if I can have a voice like her.

Dave inhales deeply.

"What's wrong?" I ask him.

""Nothing, come on!"

"Oh okay.." My hands go to the blindfolded but Dave holds me. "No, don't open it. I'll open the door for you," he says and gets out from the car.

I told him I don't need him to open the door for me back then, and until now I still open my car's door by myself, much to his dismay. He wants to spoil me rotten. Guess today I'll let him do so.

"Come on," he says once the door opens.

He takes my hand and helps me to step out from the car. "Where are we?"

"Um.. I'll open the blindfold now," he says with the same nervous voice.

"Okay," I say.

I squint my eyes once the morning sun strikes my eyes. I blink once, twice...

We are standing in front of the house.. a big one, not as big as Goldreich mansion, but it's bigger from my parents' house in Finlandia. There is a small grden in the front, a garage for 2 cars.

I look around, the surrounding neighbor is lovely. I'm sure it's an upper state cluster in New York even though I don't know where it is.

"I don't understand.." I whisper.

Dave takes my hand and leads me inside the house. He has the key to the house. Inside is a beautiful and homey house. Just like my dream. I always want to have a homey house. It resembles a bit to my house in Finland but with more luxury and modernity. From the living room, Dave takes me to the open kitchen. Dining table for 10 people, small island with 3 barstools.