Happy New Year!

"Come on Lys! Give me your smile," Bailey coaxes me. It's new year's eve and we are in the bar near our office. Lots of my coworkers are here since there is a notification in the office that the big boss, Mr. Walker, booked the whole place for us and everything is free here.

If back then I thought he was a fair boss, I was wrong. He is far from fair. I have a meeting with him everyday. Everyday from Monday to Sunday!!! Except when I went to Finland. It was just because we have time difference between NYC and Saariselkä. If not, I'm sure he would ask me to have another meeting. Somehow I feel like he is just trying to mess up with me. Like he wants me to resign or what?

But.. I couldn't help noticing that he is really hot. Hot as hell, I might add. And he is also so sweet (sometimes). He always asked me to have my dinner first when it's already 7.30pm. And just like that you melted?? Seriously Alyssa Jane Wheeler?

"I hate it. The Bossman already told me that tomorrow we will meet up so I can show him the dummy of our latest product. It's the first day of the year. It should be illegal for everyone to work!" I complain.

Bailey laughs "maybe he is into you. He just want to spend new year with you, girl."

"Don't be crazy Bae! He has a girlfriend,"I say.

"No he's not. I eavesdropped when he talked with Diana. He told her he is single."

"A man like him couldn't be single for far too long, Bae. Trust me!" I say dryly.

Bailey gestures to me to look at the bar. "If he has a girlfriend, where is the girlfriend?"

I look at my bossman. Bailey is right. He is alone. By the way, at least I'm safe from all the sin. I thought I was lusting over someone's boyfriend. I kept berating myself for noticing him so much.

He turns around and our eyes locked. Did I tell you he has the most beautiful grey.. not grey, it's more like charcoal color eyes in the world? Ugh Lys! Stop with your mushiness.

The bossman walks toward me with his smile. I take a deep breath and drink my red.

"Hey Lyssa," he says and sits next to me. I'm sitting on the letter L bench with Bailey, her boyfriend and some of our coworkers. We don't have much space and Dave has to sit next to me. That makes me squeezed between him and Bailey.

Everyone greets him. He clicks his glass with mine "cheers for a great year!" He grins. I couldn't help but notice his sexy whisker and when he leaned to me I could smell the sexy faint Hugo Boss perfume on him.

Everyone on our table cheers with him, so I cheer too. My phone vibrates from the table. "Excuse me," I take and open it. It's my mom. Just a mention of her name makes me chuckle. I drink my red while reading her text. I was asking her whether she has plan for the new year's eve

Mom: we're in our 60s, sweetheart. We just stay with hot chocolate and warm blanket to watch dad's balls drop and then go to bed.

I choke on my red. "Oh God" I say, trying to clean up my mess. I'm still coughing and my face feels so hot from embarrassment, choking all of my wine on the table with my boss sitting next to me.

Bailey laughs at me "what are you doing Lys?" While helping with the mess I made.

"Oh God. I'm so sorry!?" I clean my mess.

Dave chuckles next to me and wipes his phone that has some of my red.

"Sorry Dave, I—"

"That's okay Lyssa," he says. "Why did you choke? You were looking on your phone right?"