Unwanted Flatmate

Dave

I give my sweetest grin.

Lyssa narrows her eyes at me. "I said for a
hundredth times. The answer is no."

"Okay, I'll ask you again later."

"Don't bother. The answer will be the same. It's a no, Mr. Walker."

"Then I'll ask until you say yes," I say and leave her room. I faintly hear her say 'arrogant stubborn applicant!'

I should've been more discreet when I took the letter from the notification wall. But it wasn't my fault. After George and his marketing friends went to lunch, Lyssa and Bailey went too. I was still trying to reel back my temper. The image of male applicant for Lyssa's flatmate came to my mind and I felt burnt in my chest. I just wanted to go back to my office when few people from finance came and saw Lyssa's letter. And they said they wanted to apply. 3 guys from finance + 2 guys from marketing. Fuck me. After they went away. I took the paper and ripped it to pieces. B, my security, was there and for sure he put my name down on the list.

I didn't know I had a lot of competitors. And I'll be damn if I let Lyssa picked them as her flatmate. Might as well fired that guy from the office.

I am the best candidate!

***

Dear Ms. Wheeler,

Why haven't you accepted my proposal to be your flatmate? For sure no one in the office wants to be your flatmate (once again, it wasn't me who took your notes).

I'm waiting for your formal acceptance , or else I'm just accepting myself and moving in. May I remind you that I'm the best candidate you have? And it's not safe for a woman to live alone. So don't be stubborn and ACCEPT it that I'm the only one who wants to be your flatmate.

Your humble flatmate candidate / your bossman,

Dave Walker.

CEO of Walker Production.

I sent this email for the seventh time. One each day since she put the goddamn letter at the notification wall, but she deliberately ignored my email. I refresh my intranet email again, still no answer from Lyssa. Stubborn woman!

I call Allison.

"Hello Dave," comes Allison's soft voice.

"Hey Al, I—"

"Why are you calling my fiancé?" Someone cuts me, and I know that is my stupid friend, Zac.

"I'm calling her because I need her help, Zac," I say trying to be patient with my crazy in love friend.

"She is currently unavailable. Good day Walker," he says, and I know he is ready to end the phone.

"God Zac! Wait!" I say.

"What?"

Jesus. My friend really doesn't want to share his fiancé with anyone. Not that I want his fiancé. But I need a few minutes with his fiancé. "Look Zac, I need help from Alli. And I won't waste your time if you could put Alli on the phone right now," I say.

"You are on speaker," Zac says.

Finally!

And I could hear Allison giggles in the background.

"Hey Alli.. I um.. may I borrow your apartment's key?"

"What?" The both say in unison. And I realize my mistake. Her apartment now is the one she shared with Zac. "No no. I mean Lyssa's apartment."