Lay Your Card On The Table

Alyssa

Allison: mom did you and aunt Adriana already decided with the colour you two will wear on the reception in Finland?

Alli and Zac will host 2 parties. One in New York, with the grande reception. And the intimate matrimony in Finland. Allison was planning to have only one reception here in NY, but Zac said that Finlandia meant a lot for his relationship with Alli, so they will have one in Finland with all the intimate and extra ordinary. Far from the extravagant and luxurious one like in NY.

But I think it's because Dad insisted on paying for the wedding but of course Mr. Zac Goldreich wouldn't let it. He wants to give the biggest and most luxurious wedding for his bride. So he came with this idea. Dad pays for the matrimony in Finland, while Zac pays the reception in New York. Sneaky yet perfect solution.

Mom: yes sweetie. Since we will wear blue in NY, we're going with red for Finland. The period red.

Allison: ???

Lys: mom you can choose another word to describe the specific red you're going to wear. I'm sure aunt Adriana can come up with a better name.

Mom: Persian red! Persian. Gosh disgusting!!

Allison: phew

Mom: wait Alyssa Jane Wheeler, you believe that I can come up with that name?

Lys: sometimes your brain is rather creative, mom. You have 2 designer daughters!

Mom: you are grounded!

I chuckle despite my mood. Maybe I should ask mom to text me more often if Dave decided to break up with me. I sigh. He didn't come home (again) last night.

I walk to his room and open it. "I miss you, Dave," I whisper and sit on his bed. And laying there, inhaling the pillow, it has his scent.

Ping. I look at my phone. Alli texts me, privately.

Allison: Hey, Lys.. did you just wake up? I just want to inform you that last night Dave was drunk, so he slept here. He just woke up and said that he went back to his place. I don't know which one but Zac said most likely to his own apartment.

Lys: okay. Thanks Al.

Allison: and before you come up with another assumption. He told us that he needs to shower and shave his gorilla whisker before you reject him because you thought he is a Santa Claus. He forgot that last night you looked like an iguana.

I chuckle.

Allison: and.. sorry, but I asked him about the picture on instagram you told me yesterday. About the woman in the red daring dress. Dave went to a bar with Dean. There was a group of women who came to their table and asked for pictures. You know Dean and his famousity. But nothing happened. That red woman tried to initiate something with Dave, she told him her friends are playing truth or dare. And she got a dare to kiss Dave. But Dave refused her, so they settled with a pic. So, relax. It's not like what you think, k?

Lys: Were Dave drunk when he answered you?

Allison: not too drunk but high enough to not make up any story.

Lys: thanks Alli.

Allison: love you sis.

Lys: By the way, is the renovation at Dave's apartment finished?

Allison: ???

Lys: You renovated his apartment, right?

Allison: um.. why don't you go there and check by yourself :)

I bite my lower lip. I know in that instant that.. Allison does not renovate Dave's apartment.

Why does Dave have to lie to me?