Besotted Flatmate

Lyssa fell asleep on my shoulder. We were watching a movie in the living room. I look at her face.

It's so good to have her near me. It was always about sex with my ex, but with Lyssa I could go without sex and I'm still happy. As long as she is here with me.

She never failed to make me smile, our conversation flows like I can tell her anything and everything, and I know she is comfortable enough with me to do the same.

I can get used to this. No.. I have already gotten used to this. I can't even imagine when Lyssa found her new flatmate, that means I have to move out from here. It's not the apartment I can't give up, God knows my apartment in Manhattan is bigger than this. It's her.. Lyssa.. is the one that I can't give up.

Earlier when her asshole ex came and I had to pretend to be her boyfriend, I felt like I just won an Olympic, to have Lyssa in my arms, said she is my girlfriend.

But I need to be patient. I felt bad that she has to lie to her father. I need to make it right for her. Even though I don't know how. God help me, I am so sorry for all my playboy time before this. But the reason was because I didn't find someone like Lyssa. The one that I can talk day and night, the one that I desire for. I know I can't get enough of her kiss. I can't imagine if I— shit Walker, so much for taking it slow. She is sleeping on your shoulder, and here you are talking about her in your bed, not to mention the tent in your pants right now.

Talk about her.. I need to find out about her ex, so the asshole cannot interrupt Lyssa's life ever again.

Dave: Zac, may I have your PI's contact number?

Zac: for?

Always.. cannot just let me do my thing.

Dave: I want to background check Lyssa's ex. He came here earlier and I got a feeling that he will come back again for her.

Zac: he is an asshole. The last PI I used is stupid. You can try Drew's PI. He is great. I'll send you the number.

Dave: thanks man.

Zac: what are you now Dave? Besotted flatmate?

I raise an eyebrow, I know Zac can be overprotective to people he loves, including Lyssa. But.. I don't know if he can be very silly. Like now.

Zac: by the way that was Allison, not me.

I laugh. See, I know my man. He won't call me a besotted flatmate. Or.. maybe he can.

By the way, talking about Zac, he said great about the PI, so it means extremely great. Zac's standard is too high about everything.

In 10 second I got the number of Roderick's family PI. Valdez.

I lift Lyssa to her room. She smells so good. I put her in her bed and pulled the blanket under her chin and kissed her forehead. "Good night, Lyssa," I whisper and leave her room.

I call Valdez.

"Valdez," he says without preamble.

"Valdez, I'm Dave Walker, I got your—"

"Zac Goldreich. I know. What do you need?" He says. Fast and firm. Great.

"I need you to check on Alyssa Wheeler's ex boyfriend. His name is Aaron."

"Allison Wheeler's little sister?"

"Yes."

"Okay. What do you want me to check about?"

"General. He came back to Alyssa Wheeler, but the woman doesn't want him anymore. I want him to stop coming for her."

"Got it. Check your email in the morning."