Sleeping Beauty

Alyssa

Achoo!

Ughh.. my throat is burning. I drink my water. This is the forth glass of the day and it's barely 9 am. I put down my pencil and take my empty glass to refill more water. I sigh and stand up but my vision is spinning. I sit abruptly. Ughh... must be the little girl from Rita Levi's birthday. She kept coughing when she talked to me. For sure her droplets full of virus got into my mouth and viruses spread all over my throat now.

I sigh again and stand up slowly this time. Phew! I walk out from my office and go to our floor snack corner.

"Hey Lys, are you okay?" Harlow asks me while holding her full cup of hot coffee.

"Sore throat," I say to her, pointing to my neck.

"Ah I see. Your neck is red. You should take some rest, Lys," she says, her hand touching my neck to check the temperature.

"I want to but I need to check the revision for our honey product. The mass production messed up with our first batch. I need to look over it by myself," I say. The more I say the more I lose my voice. "I need water, or else I'll lose my voice."

Harlow nods in concern. "Go home after you're done. Okay?"

"Sure. Thanks boss!" I smile at her and continue with my journey to the snack corner. Wateerrr~

I don't know how long I muddle with the honey packaging. I was so focused until someone knocked on my door. "Come in" I croak. My voice is getting worse.

"What a sexy voice, Lys!" Bailey comes in and laughs. I chuckle and stand up. Suddenly everything turns upside down and I feel so so so dizzy and sleepy...

***

Dave

I walk out from my office, ready for my meeting with the HR.

"Okay Bae," Cody ends his phone and looks at me.

"Cod, tell the HR, we start the meeting now."

"Ok. but I just got a call from Bailey that she cannot attend the meeting."

"Why?"

"Lys fainted. She will take her home."

"What did you say?" I hear the panicked tone from my own voice.

"Lys is faint. Bailey is on the way to the lobby," Cody says, this time slower.

"Tell the security to bring my car. Tell Bailey I'll meet her in the lobby. Tell Elsa to handle the meeting," I say, already walk back to my office.

I run to the first floor by stairs since the elevator is too far from me.

"Bailey!" I call her. Bailey is on the couch with Lys. Lys' face is so pale. I kneel down in front of her. "Lyssa, are you okay?"

She looks at me with her blurry eyes. "Yeah. Just a bit dizzy. Tomorrow I'll be back, Dave. Sorry—"

"Shh.. focus on your health first. What happened with your voice?" I ask. I barely could hear her saying a word without croaking here and there.

"Sore throat."

"Sir, your car is ready," the security calls me.

"Can you stand?"

"I don't think so," Lys says. Her head rested comfortably at Bailey's shoulder. Bailey wipes the sweat in her forehead.

"Let's take her to my car. I'll drive her home," I say.