Smile, Lyssa..

Last night buddy time with Chase kept coming back to me. There was my ex in the bar, not Corrine. Her name is Melissa. She gave me a clear signal that she wants to have a hot night with me, for the sake of the old time. Usually I'm up to it, but last night I can't even think of it, not even a tiny interest to that even though Melissa kept brushing her new boobs on me. New boobs because she wasn't that big before.

I refused her and she looked confused. Not just her but also Chase. I know it wasn't me to decline sex with a beautiful woman. And Melissa is beautiful by any standard.

But I couldn't help my mind. My brain kept going to a certain woman I've spent every evening with from the screen. A sassy woman who always replies to me with her sweet smile yet sarcasm answer. A woman who kept complaining but finished her job in flying colors. Alyssa Wheeler.

What did she do in the evening these days? One night she texted me about her latest project. I almost cave in to call and ask her to turn on laptop so I can see her face from our video meeting. But I remember her tired face and her sister's words. I can't be a selfish bastard monopolize her time with a job, can I?

I rake my hair and exhale, spinning around in my office chair.

Knock knock

"Come in!"

Lys comes in with her latest project in her hand. I look at her face and am alert. I stand up abruptly. "Are you okay, Lyssa?"

Her face looks pale, her eyes and nose red. She just cried. I caress her arms. "Lyssa, are you okay?"

She shakes and then nods her head. Her eyes look at her feet. I take her to sit on the couch. "Tell me what's wrong?" I swear to God if it's because one of the guys from Tinder I would find the asshole and beat him to pulp!

"I... I'm sorry Dave. I'm fine. I'm okay."

"Hey hey.. it's not fine. You are definitely not fine, Lyssa."

She shakes her. "Nothing Dave. I'm fine. I'm sorry. Let.. let's continue with the project," she still looks at her lap.

I lean to her so she can see my eyes. "Tell me," I say.

She shakes her head and then stops, "it... it's nothing I can do right now, Dave."

"Why?"

"I have to see my sister.. I need to meet her."

"Your sister? Allison? She just came back from Finland right?" I heard Zac told us a few days ago.

She nods and starts sobbing. "I'm a horrible sister. I did something very wrong back then and now she found out." She is crying now.

I hug her and caress her back. Whisper to her sweet nothing. Once she is fine she inhales deeply. "I'm sorry Dave."

I shake my head. "Go."

"Huh?" She pulls back.

I smile and wipe her tears. "Go and meet your sister."

"But the project.." She points to the file.

"It can wait."

"Are you... sure?"

I chuckle, "go, 3-4 hours delay is okay. And we are already a step forward for this project anyway."

She smiles brightly that makes my heart ache. I act on impulse kissing her forehead. "Go to Allison. Drive save okay!"

She nods and smiles softly. "Thank you Dave. You are the best boss ever."

"No more plot to kill me?" I chuckle, asking her.

She chuckles a bit and shakes her head. "I'll be back after lunch."