"No one important," his lips were pursed as he concentrated on whatever he was doing with the contraption. 

"It's illegal though," I said, reciting back on one of my health classes. It was a year in jail and a thousand dollar penalty. Now how could I explain that one to my parents. 

"Not where I'm from," he smirked before giggling. I kept my mouth shut knowing he was right. Who's idea over there was that in the first place? Hell, I guess it does help the economy though... 

"Okay," he said, looking up to me. "Listen to me carefully," he said, holding up the bowl carefully. "Put your mouth on here," he tapped one finger on the longer part of the thing. I sat up reluctantly, placing my lips on it. I did not break any eye contact with him whatsoever. For some reason, his eyes calmed me. 

"Put your thumb over this little hole and hold it up," I did as he said, hoping my sweaty hands would not drop it. I saw some of the marijuana sticking out from the end of it. "Now, when I light it, I want you to inhale, more slow than fast okay?" he asked and I nodded in response. "I'll take the lighter away quickly and you're going to hold it there until you feel your chest fill up. Once it does, take it out of your mouth and exhale," he explained thoroughly. 

I gave him an understanding look and abruptly, he flicked the lighter on, bringing it up to the end of the bowl, it getting dangerously close to his fingers. No turning back now, I thought to myself as I felt smoke seep into my mouth and throat. I began to inhale slowly and he took the lighter away, feeling my throat struggle for clean air. Instead of doing what I would do (a.k.a., pull away immediately), I kept my thumb and everything in place.

A few seconds later, not really sure if my chest was 'full', I pulled the thing out of my mouth, beginning to cough roughly. And I mean not just one or two coughs, a series of horse-like coughs. 

"Shit, you alright Mads?" my watery eyes looked over to his concern face. Ignoring him, I reached over to a random water bottle on the nightstand beside the bed and down half of it faster than I ever have. The burning in my throat was beginning to fade away, but it was still there. If sex is like this, then I will gladly stay a virgin, thank you very much. 

"Mads?" I looked back over to Martin, who's eyebrows were furrowed in a deep 'v'. My eyelids suddenly felt heavier than I remember and my muscles were seeming to relax more and more as time went by. 

"Hmm?" my throat groaned out as I kept my lips together. I cannot tell if that was embarrassing for me or a normal reaction to that. 

"How, do you... feel?" he asked and I could not tell if he was concern or amused, or confused, hell, I do not know anything right now. I rubbed my eyes quickly before opening my mouth. 

"I feel, um," I paused not knowing what to say. Am I high? Or not? I had never heard anyone talk about what it feels like to be under the influence of drugs. My head felt lazy as I spoke again. "Light," I nodded to myself. Yeah, that's what I feel. 

For an odd reason, Martin suddenly let out a loud laugh that filled the entire room up. I tried to give him a confusing look but I felt like I was unable to.