Lay Your Card On The Table

Start from the beginning

***

Dave

I just finished cleaning up myself. Back to the Dave Walker default appearance. No more gorilla style, based on Zac.

I look at my watch. Is Lyssa already having her breakfast. I need to man up and talk to her. I was ready to call her when my intercom rang.

"Yes?"

"Morning Mr. Walker. This is Gabe from security. We have Ms. Alyssa Wheeler here."

"Alyssa?"

"Yes. I just look at your guest list, we don't have her name here so I-"

"Yes let her in and put her in my guest list. So next time you don't have to ask for my permission. She is welcome anytime."

"Alright. Sending Ms. Wheeler up now."

"Thanks," I say and we end the call.

Lyssa is here. I start to grin and I stop. What if she fed up with me and my avoiding her this week. Shit!!!! Should have gone straight to her place. But I need to clean up like Zac said. What if she disgusts with my bushy bread and wrinkled clothes.

But now, I can't help the cold sweat on my back. Shit!!! What if she came to tell me that we're done?

No shit, Walker! Why are you so negative thinking? It's not like you at all!

Fuck! I caress my jaw. I wait in front of the elevator for Lyssa. Whatever it is.. it's time for me to face the truth. My mouth feels so dry. Jesus Christ.

Ding!

The elevator opens and Lyssa looks up. Her caramel eyes find mine. "Lyssa..." Oh God, she looks so beautiful yet vulnerable. Now I know what the meaning is when Zac told me that he would slay all the dragon for Allison. Because now I feel that feeling. I will do anything, everything just to make Lyssa smile.

"Dave.." she whispers and comes closer to me.

I try to say something but I can't find my voice.

"Um.. your apartment is so neat. Did Allison finish with the renovation?"

"Excuse me?" I frown. What did she say? I thought we were done with different pages, different books.

"The renovation. You told me that you moved to my apartment because you are renovating this apartment."

No shit! One of my stupid lie reasons. That's why liars go to hell.

"I.. um.."

She looks around. "Which one did my sister renovate?"

"Lyssa.." I take her hand and walk her to the couch. At least farther from the elevator, so when she decided to bolt away I can grab her hand to prevent her from running away. I take her to sit on the couch, and my hand is still holding her.

She still looks around. I look at her deeply. She looks so pretty in her sleeveless crop top lime and long black jeans. Perfect for New York spring

"Lyssa look.. it's.. um.."

She smiles encouragingly at me.

"Lyssa.. I'm sorry I lied to you when I said that I asked Allison to renovate this place."

She just looks at me, her smile is still there.

"I.. I lied because I want to be your flatmate. Remember? Back then you were so adamant for me to move to your place. I had to find a lot of reasons and yet I had to force myself into your place. I'm sorry Lyssa, it was never my intention to keep lying to you. I should have told you, but I literally forgot. Until now you mention it. I--"