Sitting, down at the table, Webber explained. "Dr. Campos, you know Larry Jennings from our board and this is our in house council." He told her, nodding towards a man and woman by his side.

"Good evening." Helena told them with a tight lipped smile.

"Where were you through the whole event? From the begging." The Chief requested as Helena fidgeted with her hands, looking down to her lap as she thought.

"I was finishing up on some charts outside the burn center, when I got the page. It said we had a mass casualty so I rushed to the ER, put on my gown and asked Dr. Hunt where he wanted me." She told them, sure of her assessment.

"Where did he ask you to go?" Jennings asked, the girl answering promptly.

"He told me to take care of a head lac, which I did. The patient's name was Mr. Bennett I believe." Helena nodded as she answered, remembering her work clearly. "I did a neuro exam, he was fine, so I just gave him a few stitches."

"And then?" The Chief questioned.

"Then Dr. Robbins came into the room and I went to help on her patient. Mark- hum, Dr. Sloan was on the case, too." Helena told them, remembering the boy.

——

"Alright, Mr. Bennett, you're all done." Helena told her patient, waking away from the bed as she saw Arizona come in through the pit.

"Campos, you're with me." The blond told her, the resident quickly changing out her gloves as she entered the trauma room.

"What have we got?" The brunette asked, putting her new gloves on.

"Evan Lang, 16, second and third degree burns in over sixty percent of his body." Arizona informed her and Mark as they moved to work on the boy.

The boy screamed in unbearable pain as Mark began debriding his burns, Helena moving to check his vitals, as Arizona talked to the boy.

"You're ok, you're ok. We're gonna examine you, and then we're gonna get you warmed up again, ok, Evan?"

"My dad. Where's my dad?" Evan asked Helena, who bit her cheek at the pain in his voice.

"You just give me his name and we'll find him, ok? He's gotta be looking for you too." The resident gave him a reassuring smile, beginning to work on the burns as the boy let his eyes close in pain.

At that, Helena let her nose scrunch up slightly, the smell of the brunt flesh sickening. Mark, giving her a compassionate took, moved near her, dipping a cotton swab in mint oil.

"Here, for the smell." He told her, Helena moving her face to him as the man rubbed it under her nose.

"Thank you." She told him, as the two began to work once more."

——

"So you stayed with the burn patient in the trauma room?" The Chief asked.

"Yes, I did." Helena nodded, giving him a tight smile.

"When did you have contact with the patient that passed, then?"