1

EDITED

y/n pov:

the day was rough screaming and yelling customers and bat shit crazy bosses, I was tired from the long day of work, and i wanted to be greeted with a hug and a small bit of love. but I was greeted with nothing but noises from the room over, I walk in and say "clay im ho-" but before I can finish my sentence I hear a loud door slam in our bedroom I was caught off guard by the loud noise. so i try to get Clay's attention, " clay? is that you?" I drop all my bags next to the couch and i head to the bedroom to see if clay was home, the noise came from here. 

"clay? are you in here?" i speak loudly enough for him to hear, my legs hurt and i was super tired so i could due for a nice nap.

"hold on I'm changing," he says holding the door nob 

"well can you open up i need something," I say trying to open the door. 

then the door finally opens and i walk in slowly, clay you're wearing the same clothes you were wearing when i left for work this morning. 

clay scratched his neck, making a thinking face and i could tell something was off. i opened the bathroom door and nothing i walk around looking around when i was sure no one was in there i walk over to the closet to be one hundred percent confident.

as i turn the door nob clay speaks.

"can you go to the store real quick," he says quickly.

"um why?" i said stopping but not letting go.

"i need some things for work. new camera and shit,"  he said with sweat dripping it was something i could feel. this wasn't right.

"mhm." i hum as i pull the closet door open slowly then i come to the realization that there were other women in this house. i was doubting my feeling but i guess i was right, i could feel the emotion of sadness wash over me and the tears prickle at the side of my eyes.

i was overwhelmed. i couldn't be there right now.

i dart out of the room through the house grabbing my purse and leaving not even making eye contact with the yelling clay trying to get me to come back. it was a handful full not the cheating but the fact i couldn't see i, he wasn't the best boyfriend but he wasn't the worst, he cared right?

i sit in my car with my chocolate milkshake slurping it down all i could do is stare at the dairy queen building my eyes hadn't peeled off since i got the shake.

it hard for me to say, i watched you slip through my hands

i wish you the best of all the world has to give.