"You can't tell us what to do" Karen said, but I saw a pang of fear flash through her eyes.

I slowly began to walk towards them and they cautiously backed up until they stood outside. With a smirk, I quickly closed the door in their faces and locked it.

Louis slowly began clapping and I actually laughed for what felt like the first time in ages.

"Where did harry Niall and zayn go?"

"Niall took them back home to freshen up. They should be back in an hour" I nodded and walked to sit back on the bed. I didn't realize how tired I actually was.

I laid down next to Liam, careful not to touch any part of him. Louis sat in the chair next to us.

"Only five hours" I trailed of breaking the silence.

"That's it??" I nodded

"Shh... What's that sound?" Louis asked standing up and listening.

"His heart monitor" I mumbled six seconds later when the familiar beep went off.

"It can't be! Thats impossible" Louis whispered loudly.

"I know" I said my voice cracking. I couldn't cry again. I've already done it like seven times today. Louis walked over and out his hand on my back and rubbed small circles.

"Louis what am I going to do" i asked desperately. "I-I can't live without him. We were supposed to get married and have children a-and" i stuttered trying to find words. I threw my hands up and let them slap at my side. I sighed in defeat and sat down as a single tear rolled down my cheek.

I rested my head against his shoulder and he pulled my closer. After a moment of silence, he spoke.

"I know how you feel, but everything is going to work itself out. It always has before... Just know mum and dad are with you" my heart melted when he said that. He really always knew what to say.

I reached up and wrapped my arms around his neck. I realized he was crying too and hugged him a little tighter.

"I love you lou, thank you" I mumbled

"I love you too. I'm always here" he replied and I smiled.

We pulled away when his phone rang.

"This is actually your phone, from the warehouse" he said taking out a mangled cracked iPhone 6. He smiled and looked at the caller ID.

"Hi Harry" I answered weakly

"Hello love, where are you?"

"Room 236"

"Ah right here" he said and as if in cue, he opened the door and walked in with Zayn

"Where's Niall?" Louis asked

Niall suddenly burst through the room followed by my little twin sisters laughing. I smiled at the sight of them so happy.

My smile quickly disappeared when Karen strutted into the room with Ruth and Nicola at her side. They were like her followers, which was weird since it's their mom.

"Ugh there still here, and they brought friends" Karen scoffed.

"Nice to see you too Mrs Payne" ZAYN smiled but I could tell he was being sarcastic.

"Hey zayn" Nicola said readjusting her shirt so her cleavage was showing

"Hi" he said not making eye contact

"Hello harry" Ruth said pulling her skirt up and shifting her weight to her right foot so her legs were parted.

"Hey" haz responded uninterested. I bit my lip to stifle a laugh.

"What happened to Liam?!" Phoebe shrieked just noticing his body.

"Yes do tell us" Karen said appearing out of nowhere.

"Phoebe come here" I said over-protectively. She came and sat next to me on the bed and Louis pulled Daisy onto his lap.

"He just got hurt, sweetie" I said calmly

Karen scoffed "please tell us how. What did you do to him Ariella?" Karen asked forcefully

"I didn't do anything, Karen" I said through gritted teeth.

"It was your fault he even had to take the bul-"

"Karen that's enough" Louis said firmly

"You're going to scare them" I warned

"They should know the truth" she replied mocking innocence.

"Karen they're 8, you're being ridiculous"

"Why don't you just get out" Zayn spoke up

"But that's my son. I have to be here for him" she protested

"Look what your doing Karen..." I challenged "you're trying to scare 8 year olds instead of being with liam"

"I'm not scaring they, it's the truth!"

"Do you hear yourself?! Do you think before you talk?! No, because you don't have a filter. Just leave" I said shooing her away and sitting back down.

"But-"

"Just go" Louis said firmly

Karen looked at the boys in disbelief. I don't know why she thought they would help her, since they've never liked her since she began treating me poorly.

Niall opened the door and ushered her out. Finally. Why does she appear at the worst times. She needs to learn when to stop

"Proud of you" lou whispered

"Why?" I chuckled

"For sticking up for yourself"

"Yeah that was awesome" Harry said

"Did you see the look on her face?" Niall laughed so hard he was clutching his stomach.

"She had it coming" I laughed with them.

We were interrupted by the distinct sound of Liam's heart monitor. We all turned out heads to the machine. Six seconds later, it went off again.

"Ari what's that?" Phoebe asked me quietly

"that's Liam's heart monitor. That beep signals when his heart beats" I explained simply

"Why is it so slow?"

"Because his heart is weak" I whispered

"Is he going to be okay?" She asked

"I don't know.... I really don't know baby"

******************************************

Vote and comment!

Hope you liked it! Thanks for all your support!! Keep reading and recommend this book to friends!!

Love you all!!!!
Kat xx