Chapter 15

Edited Aug 8, 2016

As I slowly approached the rusted brown door of the warehouse, I felt my stomach twist in fear of what I would encounter. A lump grew in my throat and I found my heart beating loudly against my chest.

I crept up to the nearest window, careful not to step on any creaky floorboards, and lifted my head to see inside. As I looked around, at first, it looked bare. Then, out of the corner of my eye, I saw four boys tied up in chains sprawled out amongst the jagged floors in the far right corner.

My stomach leaped at the sight of them and my eyes popped wide. Squinting, I could see they looked weak, worn out and bruised. First, my eyes landed on Louis, who had blood pouring from his lip with one hand clutching his stomach in pain. Then Niall who had his knees pulled to his chest, whimpering in fear. Harry's curls were a floppy mess and he looked as if he'd been dragged through dirt. Finally, Zayn had cuts and bruises along his arms and face and was laying on his back next to Louis.

A wave of nausea swept through me when I realized that there were only four boys- Liam was missing. I'm too late I thought to myself as the sound of the gun shot and screams ring through my head. He's gone.

The tiny bit of hope I had left, evaporated from my soul and I sunk to my knees. I squeezed my eyes shut and quietly sobbed as I leaned against the warehouse. I blinked a few times and realized that I had nearly forgotten about the other lads inside.

I fished through my bag and pulled out the knife. I stuffed it in my back pocket and began to stand up. I then looked around, making sure I was alone. I stood up to get a better glimpse of the warehouse. As I was peering around, something caught my attention.

Niall was waving frantically at me he was tapping the other guys and pointing in my direction. Their eyes popped out of their head and they all motioned to me to go. As if I'd leave now. My eyes made direct contact with Louis, who immediately held his thumb and his pinky to his ear, signaling for me to call the cops.

I nodded in his direction and turned my back to the window as I began to call. As I was waiting for someone to pick up, I found it strange that there was nobody else in the warehouse with them. It's quite possible that they're with Liam my sub conscience told me. Tears instantly threatened to spill from my eyes, but I was distracted when someone answered my call.

"9-1-1 operator what's your emergency?"

"Hi" I croaked weakly, before clearing my throat. "my name's Ariella O'riley and I'm at an abandoned warehouse on Convoy Street" I quickly recalled, "in San Diego in California" I started, not knowing how to proceed. "I don't know what exactly happened but there are four boys tied up and I heard gunshots-"

Suddenly my phone was taken out of my hand and I felt two hands clamp over my mouth. I let out a loud muffled scream, despite the hands covering my mouth. All at once a blindfold was tied around my eyes and I felt my body being was dragged away. Instantly my palms began sweating and my knees went weak. What the fuck is happening? I mentally screamed at myself.

Soon after I began to panic and a wave of nausea erupted in the lit of my stomach. I began thrashing my arms around, trying to get out of this person's grip, but my attempts were futile.

"Move again and I'll slit" I heard a low but throaty voice growl against my ear, sending eery chills down my spine. . A cool object was simultaneously pressed into the side of my neck, which I took to be a knife, so I immediately stopped thrashing around.
As long as I didn't move, he wouldn't do anything, so I inhaled small quick breathes, in an attempt to calm my nerves.