Chapter 17

Liam's pov

I sat hopeless, leaning against the cold cement walls. My eyelids often dropped closed, as I had no strength to keep them open. Just as I felt myself drifting to sleep, the door opened, startling me awake. I squinted through the dark room, illuminated only by the light that shone through the small bordered up window. on the far side of the room.

As he drew closer, I made the figure out to be the man who had taken me. "What do you want now?" I asked, my voice barely audible.

"Shut up" was all he said to me, at first. I noticed him fishing around in the corner for something, but I couldn't turn my head far enough to see. "I think I have something you'll enjoy" he spoke suddenly. My stomach instantly dropped in fear of what he was talking about.

He came closer to me and pulled out a phone. Unlocking it, he opened up a picture and turned to show me. My lips parted, not wanting to believe what I was seeing. I blinked multiple times, trying to refocus on the image before me. "That's not real" was the first thing I said, praying it was photoshopped.

"Oh but it is" he grinned, swiping the screen to reveal more pictures of my fiancé who appeared to be tied up alongside Louis and Harry. "Your precious girlfriend was so worried after our little phone call that she flew out here" he laughed corruptly, shaking his head in the process. "Can you believe that?" He mocked, rhetorically.

My heart was racing, and I could feel the heat rise in my cheeks. "I can actually" I growled bitterly. That was the plan all along- answer one call from Ariella, fire a gun in the background, while simultaneously abusing me, so it made it seem as if I'd gotten shot. Still, I was angry she flew out here, but more worried for her safety. 

"You stay away from here" I advised harshly, trying to break free of my restrictions in the process. I thrashed around violently trying to make something happen, but my attempts were anything but useful.

He laughed at my failed attempts at breaking the ropes. I began to panic when he walked closer and stuck his hands out towards me. Roughly, he picked me up by my hair and began dragging me through the dark room and back into the warehouse where it all began.

*Flashback*

"I'll grab the last bag" I told Louis with a long yawn that followed. I began walking back outside into the cold, dark L.A. night.

We had just performed the most amazing concert San Fransisco, and had then driven to L.A where we checked into a hotel before our concert the following night. We were all exhausted, so we were lazily unpacking the van while Paul checked us in.

The boys were standing in the middle of the sidewalk watching while I carried over the last bag. Some of our other security guards had gone inside to ensure no fans were around- nobody was up at this ungodly hour though.

I closed the trunk and grabbed the duffel bag with my clothes. As I began walking towards the building, I suddenly felt a hand clamp over my mouth. The same person grabbed my hands and held them firmly behind my back, causing the duffel bag to drop into the middle of the street.

My eyes widened and the boys ran to me, calling for Paul in the process. Louie was the first one to approach me, but before he could lay a hand on me, someone jumped out and grabbed him as well. The same happened with Harry and Zayn as well. As for Niall, he whipped his phone out and attempted to take a picture of the license plate of their van, but one guy grabbed his phone and tossed it in the sewer before hitting him over the head with a baseball bat.