Chapter 33

Harry's pov

I ran down the three flights of stairs to find Ariella. I was about to run outside when I heard a crunching noise under my foot.

Confused, I bent down and picked up the object which I identified to be Ariella's phone. It was cracked and mangled- I hope that wasn't my fault. Before I even had time to think, it rang in my hand. I didn't recognize the number but if they were calling her at a time like this it must be important.

"Urmm hello?" I answered shakily

"Ah finally is this Ariella?" A young voice sounded

"Erm no this is harry" I said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world

"Oh umm" she stumbled in her words

"Ariella's friend" I clarified

"Okay well I have some news that I think she should hear" I could not determine the her time of voice so it wasn't telling me if this was good news or bad news.

"Umm what's going on?"

"Well it's about her fiancé" she said hesitantly

"Yeah you need paperwork or something?"

"Well no not exactly, it should just be for her ears I think. I informed his parents and they refused for her to know, but one of his sisters, Nicola I believe was her name gave me permission to inform her privately"

Privately? Why was nicola being nice? Why wouldn't Karen and Geoff want Ariella to know? Was it that bad?

"Umm" the lobby was getting crowded so I walked into the nearest bathroom. After being threatened by an elderly lady with a particularly heavy handbag, I realized I walked into the ladies room. I quickly exited after mumbling an apology and entered the men's room, which was quiet and peaceful.

By now I was growin inspiring with the nurse so I begged her to tell me the news. When I found out, my heart stopped beating and I thought I was going to pass out. I clicked end in the middle of her talking and splashed some water on my face to clear my head.

This was happening

Is printed out if the bathroom and outside expecting to find Ariella curled up against the tiles but she wasn't there. What if she went for a walk or something??? Waisting no time I ran as fast as I could around the block and down to he nearest park, but she wasn't there.

"Ugh" I kicked a rock and threw my hands up in the air. I sprinted back to the hotel and found Niall and zayn searching the lobby.

"Boys!" I called and their heads jerked in my direction.

"Har-"

"Shh!" I shushed them and quickly time them the news as we sprinted up the stairs.

"Louis" I called out of breath. He and Ari were about to enter the hotel room. Thank gosh I found them, I'm about to pass out.

"Harry what happened?" Ari asked as I ran into her hands at full speed.

"It's" I fumbled on my words.

"Harry spit it out" she said harshly

"It's Liam" I said resting my hands on my knees. Man I need to get in shape.

"What about him?" She snapped

"we need to go to the hospital"

Ariella's pov

"We'll meet you there" Louis said grabbing my arm and pulling me into the hotel room before I could protest.

"Louis what the-"

"You need to relax for a second. Just breathe and lay down you've been crying for days and honestly it's not healthy. Please lay down for just five minutes." The look in his eye was firm and I knew there was no way out of it.

I huffed and made my way to the bedroom to lay down. I pulled the covers over my body and tried to let my muscles relax.

"Ari?" I heard a small voice. I lifted my head to find Phoebe at the door with her teddy bear in her hand.

I gave her a small smile and motioned for her to come over. I pulled her into my lap and ran my fingers through her soft blonde hair.

"I have to go baby but I'll be back" I whispered to her

"Where are you going?"

"I have to go out" I said standing up and placing her on the bed

"Okay" she said simply laying her head down on the pillow.

I closed the door behind her and left my sleeping sister on the bed. I ran to the bathroom and used some of Lottie's makeup to make myself look decent. Sometimes I forget the boys are famous and there is paparazzi everywhere. I wouldn't want to get hate for looking terrible, so may as well try.

"Let's go" Louis whisper shouted from the door once I exited the bathroom.

I nodded and closed the door behind us. We were about halfway down the hallway when I noticed the terrible pain in my stomach.

"Louis" I motioned toward the elevator and he nodded taking in my state.

"All this running around isn't good after you just had serious stomach surgery" he said seriously

"I'm fine" I shrugged. Come to think of it, I have no idea why I had that surgery. Courtney tried to tell me but I brushed her off since at the time I had four minutes left with Liam...

I hadn't even realized we arrived at the hospital until Louis opened my door and helped my climb down out of the van.

Endless possibilities flooded my mind of what I would encounter inside. It took everything in me not to have another mental breakdown in the parking lot. Louis have my hand a reassuring squeeze as we walked inside.

I didn't even bother approaching the front desk since they were never any help. We snuck through the doors and up two flights of stairs. We couldn't take the elevator since it was being used by an elderly lady in a wheelchair.

Before I knew it, room 236 was in front of me. I stared at it for a while, not wanting to turn the handle. My fate was behind this door, and I'm not sure if I'm ready to face the inevitable.

Harry's pov

The handle turning signaling someone was at the door. I just knew it had to be Ariella. I held my gaze long enough to see her, and reverted my attention to the floor.

I glanced at the lads who were also focused on the floor. I didn't want our expressions to give away her fate. She should see for herself.

She took a shaky step forward until she was in the center of the room. I heard her take a deep breath and turn towards the hospital bed.

A small gasp was heard escaping her lips as she took in the sight before her. There sat her fiancé Liam smiling up at her through watery eyes.

*****************************************
IMPORTANT PLEASE READ

I'm sorry for not updating recently :( somehow this chapter got deleted so I had to rewrite it. Thank you for your patience.

Also I have a lot of ghost readers who are reading my story. It's a lot more fun if you create a wattpad account so you can vote and comment and explore! :) (just saying)

Finally.... Only one chapter left!! I can't believe it!! I may do a sequel but I've only gotten two comments saying yes so I may not do it...

Much love
KAT