Chapter 31

When I wouldn't stop crying and having a breakdown, Louis carried me to the car and forced me to go home. He kept saying being at the hospital wasn't going to solve anything.

I didn't even try and resist because I knew he was right. I just wanted to feel closer to Liam at the hospital, but it guess it wasn't going to help anything since we can't undo the past.

The six of us stumbled out of the car and into the hotel. We were all so tired and worn out from today that we could barely walk.

I however, walked quickly up the stairs until I reached our hotel room floor. The boys tried to keep up, but they seemed drained of energy.

When I approached the room, I retrieved the key from my pocket. I heard the boys coming up the stairs but I ignored them. I slid the key into the door and opened it.

Louis's pov

I saw my sister opening Liam's door at the same time the other boys noticed.

"Are you sure it's a good idea for her to-" I cut Niall off

"Just let her be, she needs it" in a way I knew Niall was looking out for her. Being in Liam's room at a time like this may not help her at all, but she just wanted to feel close to him.

I said goodnight to the boys as we parted our separate ways, even though none of us would get any sleep tonight.

I slid the key into the door across the hall from where Ari currently was and went inside.

Ari's pov

"What are you doing here?" I asked startled and agitated. Nicola was sitting on Liam's bed flipping through an old photo album, smiling through her tears.

She looked taken back by presence, because she clearly isn't hear me enter.

"What are you doing here?" She snapped back

"Well this is my hotel room..." I answered matter of factly

She remained silent realizing I was right and she had no defense.

"So..." I began hoping she'd explain her presence

"I just" she began sobbing quietly. "He's gone a-and I thought coming h-here would-"

"It's okay you don't have to explain" I said wiping away a few tears "I get it" she smiled gratefully and I almost felt bad for her.

I know we have never gotten along in the past but she was hurting right now, as was I. Yes she would call me names, yes she would make fun of my history, but I had no energy to fight with her, especially since we both lost someone special.

"I- so-" she stumbled trying to find the right words. "You're probably disgusted with me because I'm sitting here crying... and I don't blame you, because I know I've been so terrible to you all these years" she paused "...and I'd say I'm sorry but sorry doesn't even cover half of it. I just wish it was never so hard on you because you don't deserve it and I know you've been through so much and I had no right to come after you like the way I did and I just feel terrible" she stopped go wipe her tears. "I'm sorry I'll just leave" she said quickly gathering her things and wiping her smeared makeup.

I was in such shock and I was so confused by what just happened. I can't process all this at once. I just need to lay down. I wanted to yell at Nicola and tell her how wrong she was and how bad she hurt me, but it came out as, "no you can stay"

She looks as confused as I felt.

"R-really?" She asked surprised. I nodded and she stood there uncomfortably.