Chapter 20

Liam's pov

"I will always love you" I whispered as she closed her eyes in my arms. She snuggled a little further into my chest as I moved my hand to check her pulse- weak, but not gone.

"We need to get help" Zayn stated the obvious as he frantically looked around for a phone.

"We don't have a phone or a car" Niall interjected, putting one hand on his hip and running through other through his hair. His back was leaned against the wall and I realized then just how bad the gash on his leg was- he couldn't withstand pressure on it.

"Call with this" Louie stated, tossing Zayn the phone. Zayn nodded and excused himself from the room to make the call. He knelt down next to me and looked at Ari with a defeated look in his eye. "Love," he whispered. "Please don't leave us"

"Lads what's happened to us?" I breathed, suddenly feeling very claustrophobic. Swallowing, I looked around at each of the boys, taking in the sight before us. I shivered when I looked at the dead corpse laying no less then ten feet away from us. "This can't be happening" I breathed, darting my tongue out to wet my lips.

"Guys" Zayn called, rushing back into the room. "They said Ariella had already called and that-" 

"Shh!" Harry cut Zayn off and held his hands out to silence us. He looked to be listening for something, intently. It was then I heard faint sirens in the distance. Louis breathed a sigh of relief, confirming he heard it too.

"The ambulance" I breathed, standing to my feet. Painfully, I picked Ariella up bridal style and began walking outside. "Let's go" Lou follower close behind me while Zayn and Harry helped Niall on either side of him since he couldn't walk very well.

Louis led the way outside, a little ahead of me so he could grab the attention of the ambulance and direct it to the right location. When I stepped outside, three ambulances and a ton of cop cars pulled up in front of me. Men piled out of vehicles from every direction. And swarmed us suddenly.

"How long has she been down?" A young female asked, signaling from me to put Ari down on the gurney.

"About five minutes" I replied, running a hand through my hair. She nodded and instantly began dressing the wound. The lady called for help and a male jogged over. I watched helplessly as they strapped an oxygen mask over her and covered her frame in blankets.

Glancing to my right, I saw another ENT helping Niall into a gurney as she questioned him vigorously. Harry was getting bandaged while Zayn was being interviewed by a cop.
Louis was by my side, refusing any treatment towards his wounds.

"Liam you should probably tell them about the baby" Louis whispered to me, under his breath. In that moment, my heart nearly stopped. Frozen, I turned to him with wide eyes, hoping I had misheard him. Time seemed to stop and everyone was moving in slow motion around me.

"What baby?" I asked, more hesitant than ever. Louis's lips parted, and his eyes bulged out of his head. His reaction quickly softened, and he shook his head.

"Liam I'm sorry" his eyes watered and his lips started to trembled. All I could do was stand there dumbfounded, staring at him with a look of astonishment. "I thought you knew" he whispered, a tear slipping from his eye.

"She's pregnant?" I asked, too shocked to muster up an other words. Louis bit down on his quivering lip and nodded his head slowly. He opened his mouth to say something else, but couldn't seem to find any words.