Chapter 16

Edited August 14, 2016

Ariella's pov

For a while, the boys and I sat in utter silence. Nobody dared to move or say anything, in fear of what the man would do to us.

"what are you planning on doing with us?" Zayn's usual quiet voice asked from the corner of the room. He was leaned up against the cement, right next to Niall. Harry was beside him, then me, with Louis on my right. The kidnapper looked at us with an evil grin, making no attempt to hide it, whatsoever.

"I'm going to kill all of you," he admitted. He didn't make any sort of effort to hide the smirk on his face which sickened me.

"Come on you can't do that" Harry scoffed, although the disturbed look on his face contradicted his fierce words.

"Oh but I can," he grinned evilly, "because like I'd stated to little miss Ariella over here," he said stepping uncomfortably close to me, "the gun always wins" he finished grazing it against my upper thigh.

"Don't touch me" I muttered through gritted teeth.

He scoffed and leaned in close to me. "They'll be a lot more where that came from" he said, his mouth grazing my ear.

"Go to hell" I spat, looking him directly in the eyes, challengingly.

"Damn baby" he howled, sucking in a sharp breath. "Liam has his hands full with you, doesn't he?" He mocked, "he must have a lot of fun with you, hm?" He turned around, grinning the same sickening grin. "I'm surprised you're not pregnant yet" he mockingly yelled over his shoulder.

His words sank in pretty quickly. I blushed and looked down at the floor, trying hide the tears that were unwillingly falling down my cheeks. Everything then began to hit me so fast.

We're going to die, I told myself. Liam is already gone and my baby and I are going to join him, along with the guys, unless we can escape. I was never going to see Johanna or the girls again, and I was never going to get married. The only thing I dreamed of as a little girl was a nice beautiful wedding with my husband, and now the only one I want to marry is gone.

"Why are you crying?" The attacker, who's name I still didn't know, asked me. His voice sounded almost sympathetic, which confused me.

There was no was I could respond- I was too overwhelmed. Louis nudged me with his shoulder and flashed me a worried look. I  shook my head in his direction, not wanting to panic him any more than he already was.

"It's nothing," I sniffled, shaking my head at the attacker. "it's not like you'd care," I added, "you're just gonna kill me anyway" I said quietly.

"Just tell me" he said firmly, not having much patience. Something about the tone of his voice lead me to believe that, for some strange reason, he cared.

It took me less then a second to decide- If we were going to die, then why not tell the boys that I was carrying Liam's baby? It's not like the news would travel very far, considering our inevitable fate, so what was the big deal about keeping it a secret anyway?

"I'm pregnant" My voice was low, but it was just loud enough for everyone to hear the message. I could hear subtle gasps, sucking the air out of the room, adding to the tension. However, I kept a steady gaze on the floor, afraid to look up and see everyone's reactions.

"What" Louis barely whispered. I licked my lips and bashfully turned my head to give him an apologetic look, before reverting my attention to the kidnapper.