Chapter 28

Ariella's pov

"Someone's at the hospital waiting for you" Lottie told me.

What did she mean by this? Was Liam awake and waiting for me?! I hope so... Oh gosh now I feel terrible I wasn't there for him when he woke up.

Wait... Or did she mean someone was waiting to kill me at the hospital... Oh no

"What? Who?" Louis shot her a warning glance and she refused to make eye contact with me.

"Lou just tell me" I said slightly panicked

"It's- well it's-"

"Louis!!"

"It's Liam's family, Karen Ruth Nicola and Geoff" he said quicky.

I force in my place and stared at him like I had just seen a ghost. My stomach twisted in that uncomfortable way which was making my gash hurt.

"All of them?" I finally said. He just nodded.

I backed up and sat on the bed behind me so I didn't have a fainting experience again. This was terrible. Why can't it ever be easy? Just when I'm trying to wrap my head around the previous thing, something new always pops up and I have to go through the same feeling over again.

Liam's family never liked me from the start. They felt Liam was too good for me and he deserved better. I'm not saying their wrong, I always knew there were so many gorgeous models out there who would throw themselves at Liam any day. But it means a lot that Liam has been by my side for all these years.

His parents felt I had come from a broken unstable family and that I was a waist of time. They would never try to be nice about it either. I saw the snickers and glares I got all those years. I even heard the conversations his family had when they thought I wasn't paying attention. All they talked about was how "broken and emotionally unstable I am" or how "I have been through too much" or that I "don't appreciate Liam" and I was "using him for fame"

Unsurprisingly it never made me feel good about myself and I was always embarrassed to be around his family. It was always awkward and uncomfortable. I did as best I could to stand up for myself, but it didn't feel right to yell at his family, no matter how much they deserved it. No matter how many times Liam, Louis, or Jo stood up for me, they never backed down.

Johanna and Karen have a terrible relationship because of it. Jo was always disgusted with the way Karen talked about me. Since she was basically my mom, she hated hearing people talk about her daughter that way. Especially when Karen criticized the way I was raised. She always told Jo that I would have been better off an orphan because she wasn't doing anything to help me. Now she wasn't just attacking me, but my family.

Liam always yelled at his family for talking about me like that. He always defended me by saying he lived me and there was nothing they could do about it. I appreciated this more than he thinks, but it always ended in someone leaving the house or yelling and cursing.

Louis and the other guys even stood up for me when they were around. When we would all go to Liam's house just to chill, his mother didn't even have the curtesy to lay off when the boys were around. His sisters would barge in and make sure they knew I was a slut for hanging around a bunch of guys all day. I always told Liam I never wanted to go, but he insisted, and it was kinda hard to say no to him.

Karen just never knew when to stop. Luckily Geoff never said anything to my face, but I could tell he never liked me by the way he looked at me. I knew he talked to Liam about it often, but I was at least grateful he never said anything in front of me.

His sisters on the other hand were just as awful. They would constantly call me a broken slut and a pathetic whore. The two of them criticized the way I dressed, the way I wore my hair and the amount of makeup I wore. I barely wore makeup while they caked their faces in it, so they shouldn't be talking.