Chapter 13

Johanna's Pov

"He's gone" she said emotionlessly, leaning her head against the sink in complete distress

"Baby we don't know exactly what happened," I cooed, swallowing hard. I was hoping, praying, that she was wrong. "but we know that we need to call the police" I said standing up and rushing to grab the phone that had slid across the room.

"C-call Simon first" she perked up slightly. "I need to make sure this isn't some kind of sick prank" she said getting up from the floor. I nodded, surprised that in her state she came up with a relevant idea. Taking a deep breath, I hastily began to dial his number.

Ariella's pov

This wasn't happening, I told myself in an attempt to make sense of the last few minutes.  Liam's fine, I assured myself, wanting to believe it, but knowing deep down something was wrong.

I took slow even breaths and tried to rid the image of Liam laying lifeless on the floor of some abandoned shack. It just kills me to know that he's probably in pain and if he isn't already gone, he would be.

What about the other boys? I asked myself, shooting my eyes open, only now coming to this realization. My stomach twisted even further when I started to ponder that Louis and the others could also be in danger. I sat up further and my fingers found their way to my lips, chewing nervously at my nails.

I needed to see Liam one more time. There was no possible way that I could go on knowing the last I heard from him was cries of distress. I would drive myself insane.

Then, I began contemplating the benefits and negative effects of flying out there. The negatives seemed to outweigh the positives in the sense that there were precisely zero positives. The negatives were that I didn't know where he was, what I would exactly find, how I would find them, if I would find them, plus the nauseating fact that I was carrying.

Was it worth it? I asked myself as I stated at the cold tile floors. There was a strong possibility that going out there, I would either find him dead and have to live with the burden of seeing him in such a state, or I myself would die.

The guilt sweet through my body t the idea of sitting here, refusing to take any sort of action to help, when they were obviously in some sort of danger. Not that I would be of any help whatsoever, but at least I would prove my concern and want to help.

Just then Johanna walked back in the kitchen and set the phone on the counter. It looked as if she'd been crying, which sent chills up and down my spine. I looked at her nervously as she approached me.

She took a deep breath and began, "You remember the Twitter threats?" She asked hesitantly. I nodded, a sick feeling creeping up from the lit of my stomach. "Well, it turns out he was never arrested" she stated. "There was a scandal and it turns out he paid a guy to take his identity and go to prison for him" She told me briefly, avoiding details. The lump in my throat only continued to grow as her words sunk in.

"Apparently," she started up again. "he's been tracking the boys on tour and waiting for the right time to," she paised, looking for the right word. "Attack" she chose. "As the boys were walking into their hotel late one night, five men grabbed them one by one and threw them in the back of a truck." She said, tears falling from her eyes. "They simply pulled a trigger and killed all of the security guards, so the boys were helpless." She stated bluntly. My jaw dropped and my eyes instantly welled with tears at the severity of the situation. If the boys guards were dead, it clearly indicated that these people were no joke.

"How do they know all this is true?" I weeped, trying to process all this sudden information.

"Paul was inside the hotel checking in when it happened" Johanna informed me. "He came down to see what was taking so long, but the only thing he saw was the three dead guards" she cried, furiously wiping her tears.

"But how does Paul know all this?" I asked, voice cracking so it was nearly inaudible.

"There was brief security footage from the store across the street" she replied with a shrug, not making sense of it herself.

The room went silent again and we both paused trying to absorb and process this information.

"Jo I'm flying out there" I blurted out suddenly, looking down at the floor. Her eyes widened in disbelief as if I was mentally insane.

"No you are not" she replied firmly with a fierce look in her eye. I nodded and shrugged as if to tell her she didn't have a choice but to let me go. If I never saw Liam again, the only thing that would let me sleep at night was knowing that I did all I could to help. She readjusted my shirt which was hanging off my shoulder and looked at me in disbelief.

"I have to see him again" I cried and buried my head into my hands as I weeped uncontrollably.

"Honey you don't know if he's-"

"I know" I cut her off, not wanting her to tell me the truth I was avoiding. "I just need to" I said slowly.

"Honey Simon's gonna take care of it all" she tried to convince me. "Please don't do this" she pleaded, and waited for my reaction. "What about the baby?" She sounded stressed and fearful as the words left her lips.

"Jo I have to" I began, "I'm sorry" I said firmly, rather than apologetically. She bit her lip to keep from crying as she pondered more excuses.

"You have no idea where they are" she said quickly.

"I'll call the police and figure it out" I shot back quickly. She sighed, knowing I wouldn't budge.

"Please be careful" she said as a tear rolled down her left cheek. I nodded and pulled her in for a hug, resting my head on her shoulder.

"What about the girls?" I said gazing over her shoulder to see the girls huddled around a table outside. She looked at them and returned her gaze to me, nodding. I swallowed as she stood up to fetch them in my head, I tried to plan out what I would say, but no words came to mind.

The twins ran up to me and hugged my side tightly, afraid of what they would hear. Lottie and Fiz walked in, looks of pure fear plastered across their face.

"I think I have to go away for a little while" I stated, breaking the silence while trying to keep my voice steady. Fizzy and Lottie hugged each other tightly- they knew something was wrong.

"Ari please tell us what happened" Lottie begged and gently pulled the twins aside so they were out of earshot.

"It's nothing serious" I assured them, wishing my words were true. "I'm just going to visit the boys and see what's going on with them" I explained briefly. "Just trust that I'll be alright, okay?" They could only nod their heads once I finished explaining.

I kissed them both and gave Johanna one final hug before walking towards the door. As I walked towards my car, I considered the fact that I needed to locate where they were and call the police before I could book a flight out there.

Sliding into the driver's seat, I slid my sunglasses on and closed the door. With one long breath, I started the ignition and began what would be the longest journey of my life.

******************************************
Edited January 31, 2016

Vote by clicking the star in the corner of this page :)

Much love 💋